DUAL 505-2 turntable

snap, crackle and pop
wb1ead
United States of America

DUAL 505-2 turntable

Post by wb1ead » 14 Jun 2019 18:22

Hello all..my 1st posting as I'm a newbie to you folks..I own a Dual turntable 505-2..notice I put the -2 after the 505..in ur library there is a fine copy of a -1..my question is "are they the exact same and can I use this PDF file for adjusting if needed"?..reason I ask is there appears to be on Google 4 types under the 505 model starting with -1 and going to -4..in ur library there is just the -1 file..I certainly will post other questions on the rest of my gear here as I restore them..I didn't open the service manual but I assume it's for the -1 type as well..??..happy fathers day to those who are!
Many tnx! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

lini
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
Germany

Re: DUAL 505-2 turntable

Post by lini » 15 Jun 2019 01:28

Dave: Afaik, there only were a few minor, comestic changes (foremost depending on whether the exemplar in question is a regular -2 or a -2 DeLuxe with its nicer, wooden plinth) from the 505-1 to the -2 - plus one major change (2nd gen. proprietary ULM mount -> 3rd gen. ULM with standard halfinch-mount and easily swappable headshell). The rest practically remained the same, so that you can use the much more elaborate service manual for the -1 also for the -2 for pretty much anything other than for what obviously looks different (like for example the different rubber mats, which hence have different part numbers...).

Oh, and me thinks you haven't looked properly, because the VE library also contains the service manuals for the plain 505 as well as the -2 and the -4, just not the one for the -3.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

wb1ead
United States of America

Re: DUAL 505-2 turntable

Post by wb1ead » 17 Jun 2019 02:25

Manfred/lini..many tnx for ur answer here..it seems then I have the "deluxe" version..very nice wooden base..looks like oak but I think it cud be another wood as it looks too smooth and tite grain for oak..more like birch..yes tnx as you are right on the service manuals..it's just that I didn't look further than the user manual..the repairs are done and the pesky micro on/off switch is now back to working..a faucet O ring took care of the belt for speed adjustment as a temporary fix..
Thank you Manfred! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD