Sanyo semi automatic turntable

snap, crackle and pop
Pauline
New Zealand

Sanyo semi automatic turntable

Post by Pauline » 12 Jun 2019 07:15

Turntable is rubbing. Need to take it off to check what’s going on. Have removed rubber mat and tried to lift it off via the two finger holds but it’s stuck. How can we lift it up without wrecking it? Tx

Pauline
New Zealand

Re: Sanyo semi automatic turntable

Post by Pauline » 12 Jun 2019 07:17

PS. It’s a TP1005

musicmn
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by musicmn » 12 Jun 2019 16:54

Hi Pauline, To remove the platter from your turntable lift the platter using the finger holes and tap the spindle at the same time using the handle of a screw driver it should just pop off. The platter and spindle are tapered and over time they like to stick together. If tapping the spindle does not work then put a little penetrating spray around the area where the spindle and platter meet. Let that soak a while and try using the screw driver handle and lifting again. Hopefully this will help.

Pauline
New Zealand

Post by Pauline » 12 Jun 2019 22:21

Thanks so much but it hasn’t worked. I’ve applied CRC about three times now and still no go. Presumably I pull up the platter and push down on the spindle when trying to remove it? Am a complete bunny so just checking that the spindle and platter aren’t supposed to come away. Any other suggestions?

LPallansch
United States of America

Post by LPallansch » 13 Jun 2019 22:01

I was dealing with the same thing on a Sanyo TP 727 turntable. Tapping it the spindle while lifting up did release it. Then found my belt was a pile of tar around my motor spindle and elsewhere. Off to solve the next problem.