Telefuken S600 problem and question

snap, crackle and pop
JuilliardDad

Telefuken S600 problem and question

Post by JuilliardDad » 19 May 2019 02:39

Hi,
I acquired a S600HiFi recently. The arm lift stuck on up position. I tried to open from the base to fix it. I cannot find any visible screw. The service manual provided here does not really explain how to open the chassis.
Could someone who had open the chassis shed some light to me?

Japi Roelofs, I know you have open the base to take some pictures. If you read this message, could you please give me some instruction?

Thanks.

Paul

Japi Roelofs
long player
long player
Netherlands

Re: Telefuken S600 problem and question

Post by Japi Roelofs » 19 May 2019 12:28

Hi Paul,

it's been quite a few years since I worked on this machine. If memory serves me right, the bottom of the turntable is more like a solid cast case, and the platter and tonearm are on a subchassis that is mounted to the top plate. This top plate can be lifted out of the bottom case, there are some screws underneath the platter that need to be removed first.

If you look at the service manual's Exploded Drawing you'll see there a three pillars in the bottom case, that the top plate is screwed on to. If you can find the location of these pillars, then remove the screws and see if you can lift up the top plate. Always be careful with the wiring of course.

Regarding the lifter mechanism, I think the S500 I worked on didn't really have that problem, so I can't help you with that. But I do recall reading about it, and I'm sure if you do a search on this forum (and/or others) you'll find some information.