Disappointment with LP Gear

snap, crackle and pop
jdjohn
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: Disappointment with LP Gear

Post by jdjohn » 18 Feb 2019 23:37

I ordered from TurntableNeedles over the weekend. I needed a 20" belt, and they had four different options to choose from in that length, with various widths and thicknesses. I was able to custom-pick what I think/hope will work [-o< Thanks BMRR for the suggestion :D

BMRR
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by BMRR » 19 Feb 2019 02:09

Good luck!

jdjohn
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by jdjohn » 19 Feb 2019 02:31

FWIW: I emailed 'Tim'(?) at TurntableBasics with a couple questions, but never heard back...even after two attempts :(

plyscds
United States of America

Post by plyscds » 20 Feb 2019 19:09

Turntable Basics is an internet entity that is famously "leisurely" about responding to either e-mails sent to it or to orders placed for it to fill. Proponents of the site advise patience in dealing with it.

jdjohn
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by jdjohn » 20 Feb 2019 20:32

plyscds wrote:
20 Feb 2019 19:09
Turntable Basics is an internet entity that is famously "leisurely" about responding to either e-mails sent to it or to orders placed for it to fill. Proponents of the site advise patience in dealing with it.
Well, it's been 2 1/2 weeks since my first email. I also tried faxing (remember those?), and when it answered, it was an automated response saying, "Voicemail has not been set up on this system yet." :shock:

Too many options out there today for putting up with that stuff. Ain't nobody got time fa dat! :lol:

johnny q

Post by johnny q » 20 Feb 2019 20:54

I was trying to get a straight answer out of them once, in regards to the correct output of an AT cartridge they were selling. I was quite certain they printed a typo on their site. Anyway - I never got a straight answer from them, it was like pulling teeth.

Van_Isle
long player
long player
Canada

Post by Van_Isle » 21 Feb 2019 17:46

Turntableneedles or Voice of Music as stated previously.

Here from TTN: https://www.turntableneedles.com/find10 ... lect=Model

FBM 20. And if you click on that you get the specs:

.025 Inch / .6mm Thick
.205 Inch / 5.2mm Wide
20.0 Inch / 50.8cm Inside Circumference

No database is 100% accurate, so YMMV. But I've had pretty good luck with Kyle. He also tries to post updates when someone submits further info to him.

I've had excellent service as well from Gary at VOM. No experience with his belts.

BMRR
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by BMRR » 21 Feb 2019 17:47

I've ordered half a dozen belts from Gary at V-MAE over the years and they've all worked perfectly. He's also a great source for new/rebuilt idler wheels.

rvcasa
Australia

Post by rvcasa » 14 Feb 2020 11:08

LP Gear's terrible customer service, I won’t buy from these guys anymore.

Even after providing photos of the faulty item, they still questioned everything :(
And made me go through their never ending RMA process saga...

Had to "pay for return shipping for the faulty stylus to be assessed, and in case it isn’t approved, (I) would still need to pay for return shipping, to get the same stylus back (to me)".

– The item is clearly faulty and the international return shipping alone, costs the same as a new stylus, no to mention new international shipping costs to get a new stylus, again !

In all, I spent over 3.5 weeks with no stylus and therefore, no music.
Very disappointed !

I'll have to attempt to get a refund now :cry: