turntable belt

snap, crackle and pop
bobskinn
Canada

turntable belt

Post by bobskinn » 16 Jan 2019 18:53

Hi I have an original avid diva turntable and it needs a new belt .The only replacement belt I can find is for the diva2 .My question is will the diva 2 belt fit the original or does anyone know a supplier for these belts?

abril
long player
long player
England

Re: turntable belt

Post by abril » 16 Jan 2019 20:42

Measure the original belt and find an equivalent online.

bobskinn
Canada

Post by bobskinn » 16 Jan 2019 21:07

Thanks for reply Abril the problem there is most belts are flat and the avid ones are a small diva. type of belt so I pretty much have to go with original (very expense) replacement

nat
long player
long player

Post by nat » 17 Jan 2019 01:00

What is a diva. belt. The chances that Avid made their own belts is essentially zero. While they have have a proprietary bespoke belt, it is much more likely that they chose one off the shelf. It may be highly specced, and therefore relatively expensive, but from another source it will likely be much cheaper. Of course, Avid won't give you the specs, but there are a very limited number of factors that can be tinkered with - material, size, and tolerances on that size.
I've seen flat belts of all sorts, square section belts, and round section belts (which are often actually O rings). You can probably find a replacement that is good enough that no one, including you, will know that you are slumming.