Speed Adjustment Help

snap, crackle and pop
Yockeyql
United States of America

Speed Adjustment Help

Post by Yockeyql » 11 Jan 2019 22:43

I currently have a Sony PS-LX300usb turntable (I know some people consider it to be low quality; I got it as a x-mas gift a few years back and am a broke college kid, so I cant buy a new one). Anyways, I realized my table was spinning too fast and went underneath to the 33 rpm hole on the bottom with a precision screwdricer to try and slow it down some. I adjusted it a few times and kept getting around my target rpm's but couldnt quite hit it on the head. So after a few adjustments, I went to readjust it again and noticed I couldn't find the screw anymore. Now when I put the screwdriver in, it'll simply turn with no resisting force or change in speed. I'm not sure if I possibly broke something? Or something got pushed back too far? There haven't been any other issues with It at all. So, if anyone has any ideas as to what I could do, I'd appreciate it.

Coffee Phil
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Re: Speed Adjustment Help

Post by Coffee Phil » 11 Jan 2019 23:33

Hi Yockeyql,

Welcome to the forum.

There is a service manual on this site but it is only marginally useful.

I fear that the little potentometer is broken. You will have to open the machine and take pictures of it and give us the markings on it. Chances are the an exact replacement can be had from Digi-Key. It will take reasonable soldering skills to replace it.

Phil
Yockeyql wrote:
11 Jan 2019 22:43
I currently have a Sony PS-LX300usb turntable (I know some people consider it to be low quality; I got it as a x-mas gift a few years back and am a broke college kid, so I cant buy a new one). Anyways, I realized my table was spinning too fast and went underneath to the 33 rpm hole on the bottom with a precision screwdricer to try and slow it down some. I adjusted it a few times and kept getting around my target rpm's but couldnt quite hit it on the head. So after a few adjustments, I went to readjust it again and noticed I couldn't find the screw anymore. Now when I put the screwdriver in, it'll simply turn with no resisting force or change in speed. I'm not sure if I possibly broke something? Or something got pushed back too far? There haven't been any other issues with It at all. So, if anyone has any ideas as to what I could do, I'd appreciate it.