New interconnects!

snap, crackle and pop
The Blacksmith

New interconnects!

Post by The Blacksmith » 26 May 2018 20:39

I recently upgraded to a Pro-ject 2xperience and I love it. So I took the plunge and bought 2 pairs of Bluejean interconnects and replaced my old ones on both sides of my preamp. I also replaced my cca speaker wire with pure copper wire.
Holy moly! My system now sounds incredible! I highly recommend Bluejean interconnects.

JDJX
long player
long player
United States of America
Location: Mid Hudson valley..... NY.....In the orginal Orange County

Re: New interconnects!

Post by JDJX » 26 May 2018 21:05

OK, I'll ask.....

Just what were you using before for interconnects..... Number 9 spaghetti? :)

Fact is, unless your previous interconnects were really bad for whatever reason(s) you will not hear any difference between any quality interconnects.
This has been proven time and time again.

The same goes for your speaker wires .:)

willboy

Post by willboy » 26 May 2018 22:03

Hey Mr Blacksmith, glad you're enjoying you Pro-ject Xperience. I also own one and it's a very nice table for sure.

By coincidence, I just changed the phono stage to amp interconnect with a different interconnect from the same manufacturer. And as sure as eggs is eggs and beanz is beanz, there's no denying that there is a noticeable difference between the two cables, at least to these 'ere ears there is.(no pun intended) :wink: I preferred the new cable by the way, so that'll be staying in my set-up.

bra10n
Australia

Post by bra10n » 26 May 2018 22:26

^ ^ ^

So despite the laws of physics, despite the tests and the subsequent literature detailing the findings you are content with the difference in the 'new' sound just swapping out 1 interconnect has made. I guess you are trusting your ears uh? Don't get me wrong, I believe you when you say you hear a difference... only thing that puzzles me is that you can't tell me why this is this case, and disturbingly you don't seem any concerned :shock:

lenjack

Post by lenjack » 26 May 2018 22:34

Unless there was something really wrong with the old connectors,there should be no audible difference. The placebo effect is very powerful. Just the act of removing and replacing could have cleaned off some corrosion.

bra10n
Australia

Post by bra10n » 26 May 2018 22:35

Or more of a concern, that there was nothing wrong with the original interconnects...

lenjack

Post by lenjack » 26 May 2018 22:56

Then there's the old "coat hanger" interconnect story, although, I believe that was with speaker cables.

Smoke Screen

Post by Smoke Screen » 26 May 2018 23:25

Well,regarding interconnects: If you change from those bought in the
next supermarket around the corner to good quality stuff,you will hear
a positive difference. During the last thirty years i could experience
that myself occasionaly. Being it phonocables,line interconnects or speaker
cables. However,good quality stuff doesnt have to be expensive. For example
Philips SWA3202S/17 are very good for line interconects and as digital coax
interconnects. And are under 2€ for a mono 1,8m cable.

lenjack

Post by lenjack » 26 May 2018 23:30

You need "good quality" coat hangers. I agree that you should use at least 12 gauge for speakers.

The Blacksmith

Post by The Blacksmith » 26 May 2018 23:37

I didn't make this topic for the naysayers, I made it for those who have an ear for quality and those who believe that cables do matter. This has been debited over and over again. What's the purpose of trying to kill what you don't believe in.

lenjack

Post by lenjack » 27 May 2018 00:44

I have an ear for quality, but I agree with you, and I will respectfully back off. We can agree to disagree. I used to sell this stuff.

The Blacksmith

Post by The Blacksmith » 27 May 2018 00:53

lenjack wrote:I have an ear for quality, but I agree with you, and I will respectfully back off. We can agree to disagree. I used to sell this stuff.
Now that's how you make friends! You're alright in my book.

lenjack

Post by lenjack » 27 May 2018 00:57

:-)

bra10n
Australia

Post by bra10n » 27 May 2018 01:18

The Blacksmith wrote:I didn't make this topic for the naysayers, I made it for those who have an ear for quality and those who believe that cables do matter. This has been debited over and over again. What's the purpose of trying to kill what you don't believe in.
IMO I have an ear for quality. I also believe cables matter a hell of a lot. I'm not a naysayer either. What's your beef?

Is it the fact that I don't trust your ears? I don't :lol: and partly because you won't (or can't) explain in fact what is causing the difference you're hearing between two different interconnects.

You can spend your money on what makes you happy. You can also believe what you want. That's your prerogative and doesn't affect anyone else's hip-pocket. I on the other hand, on a public and respected forum such as this is can discredit your baseless 'golden ear' claims with fact until you or somebody else can prove otherwise [-X

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Post by Alec124c41 » 27 May 2018 01:59

I have never used high-priced interconnects, but I have heard some difference in sound. Quality of shielding, and differences in capacitance, can affect the sound.
Still can't see spending thousands of dollars on a few feet of wire, though.

Cheers,
Alec