Thorens TD150 SME 3009's armboard template

music box
tlscapital
long player
long player
Belgium

Thorens TD150 SME 3009's armboard template

Post by tlscapital » 12 Oct 2019 22:30

Manage to find a clean, untweaked and fully working condition TD150 MKI. After a good clean and relube, I will test and keep it as is before venturing into tweaking it some. Likely it will not be a keeper as I keep only one turntable and my beloved fully DIY tweak by me TD160 'E' is my baby forever.

More likely it will go to a friend who has asked me to seek one and help him to set a spare SME3009 'Improved' S2 on it that he has. If ever he find to favor the TP13, he could just put it back together. Anyway, I am in the quest for a template of such armboard to DIY cut one myself in acrylic (my sonic preference).

medwaybeat

Re: Thorens TD150 SME 3009's armboard template

Post by medwaybeat » 15 Oct 2019 08:53

I think it's covered in the manual, but cannot find a copy.
From memory. Use the template as normal and mark centrally between the the 2 large holed and then rotate the template so it is parallel with the arm board and then mark out the other holes and slot. I've also seen it mounted at a very slight angle too.
You will also need to cut a rebate in the arm board so it fits flush on the sub chassis.

tlscapital
long player
long player
Belgium

Re: Thorens TD150 SME 3009's armboard template

Post by tlscapital » 17 Oct 2019 13:44

medwaybeat wrote:
15 Oct 2019 08:53
I think it's covered in the manual, but cannot find a copy.
From memory. Use the template as normal and mark centrally between the the 2 large holed and then rotate the template so it is parallel with the arm board and then mark out the other holes and slot. I've also seen it mounted at a very slight angle too.
You will also need to cut a rebate in the arm board so it fits flush on the sub chassis.
I might indeed be able to draw one with approximative measurements once I get the TD150 MKI and measure the original TP13 arm board width, length and thickness.

Then take the spare SME armboard I have laying around to draw the oval hole and estimate where to fit it on the acrylic armboard as close as this one in this picture.
Capture d’écran 2019-10-12 à 23.13.05.jpg
(54.2 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
But if ever someone would have those drawings and measurements under the hand to pass it on, I could have it upfront tailor made by a pro for a clean finish result.