TD126 MK III capacitors

music box
DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

TD126 MK III capacitors

Post by DarthMaul » 17 Jun 2019 01:06

Does anybody know what the values of the capacitors on the TD126 MK III are? I need to know what they are supposed to be just in case I need to get them replaced. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I cannot read German, thus the service manual won't help me much. That would be the final fix for my turntable if problems arise. I already replaced the motor, which turned out to be starting to go bad after I tested it outside the turntable. The old motor was having startup issues even with a battery, so in that case the electronics were not at fault. However, it takes a fair amount of time for the speed on my turntable to stabilize. At some point I might take a photo of the circuit board, but not tonight.

DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

Re: TD126 MK III capacitors

Post by DarthMaul » 17 Jun 2019 03:08

If a sudden speed loss resulting in a lower pitch occurs when the speed was stable just prior, is this a capacitor symptom or a motor symptom? I would like to have an answer. Since I replaced the motor, I am hoping it stops. One clue: I never had this problem when the old motor was working okay.

DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DarthMaul » 17 Jun 2019 22:00

I contacted Craig's TV & Electronics Service in Sterling Heights, Michigan. They do service all turntables. Capacitor replacement would be easy for them. I'd just make sure they can get the service manual so they know what capacitors are needed. This is just for the future.

Which capacitors control the motor's speed? What are their uF and voltage values?

user510

Re: TD126 MK III service manual

Post by user510 » 01 Jul 2019 20:14

https://www.vinylengine.com/library/thorens/td126.shtml
See above link to find on that page the service manual for the TD126 mkIII. It is in German language, but the schematics will indicate all components on the boards, including the capacitors. (and you don't need to read German to decipher that)

-Steve

DarthMaul
long player
long player
United States of America

Post by DarthMaul » 01 Jul 2019 22:24

Thanks, user510. Seen the service manual before. I know page 26 and 27 have English print on them.