Can't figure how to remove PCB in my SL-7 Linear

turning japanese
chadbang

Can't figure how to remove PCB in my SL-7 Linear

Post by chadbang » 19 Jan 2015 04:18

Hi, I was hoping someone could give me a clue. I'm refurbishing my SL-7 linear tracker and opened it up to remove the PCB. I removed all the screws and disconnected the connector. But the board still does not come free. According to the manual there's a connect CN103 that is "engaged with a pin on the stator form." So it there a connector underneath the PCB that I can't see and doesn't want to come free?

lensmanMK2
long player
long player

Re: Can't figure how to remove PCB in my SL-7 Linear

Post by lensmanMK2 » 19 Jan 2015 06:46

yes the connector underneath is pretty stiff and the board always bends slightly when coming off.

if you look at the board sidewards you'll see the white rectangular connector,if its really stiff ive used a screwdriver covered with some electricians tape and pryed the board up from the edge of where the spindle cup pokes through.

also make sure you leave the screw in at the back that you need to get to though a hole,that holds the heatsink for the 2 main voltage regs

chadbang

Post by chadbang » 19 Jan 2015 08:26

Thanks, Lensman! I really don't feel good tugging away at stuff not knowing what's going on. I'm make sure I don't remove that heatsink screw, nothing like removing those screws you thought we just another case screw and .... thunk.

I might not have to go back inside, anyway. I was have the auto return kick in intermittantly -- one track in, three tracks in, near the end. I had no idea what was going on. Completely random. Opened it up twice and checked everything over. I was going for the PCB to check for any bad caps. But then, I read a post somewhere and someone said if the player keeps turning off, check for dirty optical sensors or maybe the closed cover sensor. I thought: "No, it couldn't be that easy. No way." But I hit that damn cover sensor with a squirt of deoxit (didn't even have to take off the bottom!) and it worked. Who would have thought that sensor was causing me all this anxiety. The easiest fix in the world and I took apart the table TWICE for it! Oh, brother....!

fscl
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by fscl » 20 Jan 2015 15:21

chadbang wrote:Thanks, Lensman! ......snippage..... But then, I read a post somewhere and someone said if the player keeps turning off, check for dirty optical sensors or maybe the closed cover sensor. I thought: "No, it couldn't be that easy. No way." But I hit that damn cover sensor with a squirt of deoxit (didn't even have to take off the bottom!) and it worked. Who would have thought that sensor was causing me all this anxiety. The easiest fix in the world and I took apart the table TWICE for it! Oh, brother....!
=D> =D> =D>

Technics sensorized and fail safe logicized their early linear trackers to protect / prevent the turntables from destroying cartridges. Solve the logic (dirty switches, sensors, etc and generally the LTs will come back to life.

Congrats..... again as it doesn't seem you've got any leftover parts....=D> =D> :)

And thanks to LmMk2 for detailed instructions to free the main PCB.

Fred and cross linking this in the "SL-7 Disassembly Problems" topic :)