Technics SL-D93

turning japanese
pezman2112

Technics SL-D93

Post by pezman2112 » 21 May 2019 13:50

I just wanted to make a thread about this turntable as I don't see it listed in the database.

This is a p mount non quartz lock direct drive turntable. I believe mine has a manufacture date of 1992, the end of the first vinyl era. Made in Japan. It's fully auto, has a side repeat function and automatically detects the size of a record. Some internet research seems to indicate this was a model that came included with complete Technics component systems of the time.

This particular one was purchased off Craig's list for 3 dollars (i had to buy a DVD player and a CD player with this all for 10 bucks). It came with a Grado cart with no needle which I sold on eBay when it seemed like replacements would be problematic and expensive. I had to purchase new feet from ebay for $15, a power cable for $5 and a ground cable $9.50.

I bought a Shure 92E last summer which I'm really enjoying. It's so too bad they decided to drop cartridge production, need to snatch up a couple replacement needles before they get scarce.

The cover has the broken hinge issue and is scratched up and dull, going to start addressing both next.