SL-B300 issue

turning japanese
Pentotal

SL-B300 issue

Post by Pentotal » 05 Sep 2014 10:32

Hello to everyone!
I'm new here, I've signed on this site because my SL-B300 doesn't work anymore...
When I push start/stop button only the orange light from the strobo light up, but the motor doesn't start anymore...
If I try to move the plate manually, I can see that all mechanical parts work fine: the tone arm will move at the start of the record, and also the cueing work fine.
Just...the motor, doesn't start...
What could it be? Someone can help me please?
(anyone that sell spare parts?)

Thank you,
P.

takiss
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: SL-B300 issue

Post by takiss » 02 Dec 2019 20:36

Hi,
The power transformer is dead. Like mine.
I came to this forum to ask what is the output voltage, because the original part is not available anymore.
Part number is: SLT35K64E
Does anyone know is this 12 or 14V? I've found the part number and the connection diagram in the service manual, but not the voltages.
I can easily find a 3rd party transformer, but I'm not sure what voltage the motor needs.
Thanks!

lenjack
long player
long player

Post by lenjack » 02 Dec 2019 21:29

Welcome to our forum. Don't know if it will help, but try organdonorparts.com.
Pentotal...If it was the power transformer, I don't think you'd get lights or any power at all, so I think your problem is different.

takiss
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by takiss » 03 Dec 2019 20:51

lenjack wrote:
02 Dec 2019 21:29
Welcome to our forum. Don't know if it will help, but try organdonorparts.com.
Pentotal...If it was the power transformer, I don't think you'd get lights or any power at all, so I think your problem is different.
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. I'm aware of this page and also on Ebay sometimes they are offering transformers, but so far I've only seen 110V versions.
I'm pretty sure it's the transformer, because there is a "bypass" high voltage for the light (see connection diagram). I tested the motor with an external universal transformer and it was working.
So my question is still the same, anyone knows what is the optimal voltage of the motor? According to the diagram it should be 12V.