AT-LP120 Tonearm Question

always listening
Obtong

AT-LP120 Tonearm Question

Post by Obtong » 18 Jul 2019 06:00

The tonearm on my AT-LP120-USB does not go all the way to the "home position" on the tonearm rest. To clip the tonearm onto the tonearm rest requires pushing the tonearm forcibly into the right. This doesn't seem right as it puts a lot of stress onto the the tonearm gimbal. Plus, when you release the tonearm it can spring off the tonearm rest and across a record. Does anyone know how I can adjust the tonearm so it sits right in the rest? Thanks.

valkyr2003
Russia

Re: AT-LP120 Tonearm Question

Post by valkyr2003 » 19 Jul 2019 11:19

Hi. I do not observe such issue in my LP120. There are two ideas.
Firts, the tonearm tube itself does not have proper shape. Nothing you can do in such case but serious mechanical repair or replacement.
Second, the whole assembly of the tonearm including the gimbal has not been properly installed and you need to turn it counterclockwize to the right angle. You have to disassemble the unit for this.
I am sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

Obtong

Post by Obtong » 23 Jul 2019 06:13

Thanks valkyr2003. I did open up the underside to see how the tone arm was connected. Unfortunately there seems to be no way of rotating the whole tonearm assembly. I guess I will have to make do.

plyscds
United States of America

Post by plyscds » 27 Oct 2019 04:48

https://eu.audio-technica.com/

At the above address, on the bottom of the page under "help & Information" is a "Contact Us" option. It couldn't hurt to bring to their attention the things that are hurting their image and ask what they might do about it.

Personally, I like their phono cartridges, but after buying one of their better-at-the-time turntables, I think I'll stick to their phono cartridges.