Audio Technica AT-LP3 spins too fast

always listening
DoctorPants

Audio Technica AT-LP3 spins too fast

Post by DoctorPants » 20 Mar 2019 17:29

My LP3 spins significantly faster than 33 1/3 when at this setting. I've searched the manual and can't find anything that points me in the direction of a feature to alter the speed.

Does anyone who's familiar with this turntable have a solution, and if not, should I resort to layering tape around the underside of the platter where the belt goes?

Thanks in advance.

Spinner45
long player
long player

Re: Audio Technica AT-LP3 spins too fast

Post by Spinner45 » 20 Mar 2019 23:01

Seems that all those cheap machines have speed issues - usually there's a delicate tiny screwdriver adjustment underneath, on the motor, or a seperate PC board.

smee4
long player
long player

Post by smee4 » 22 Mar 2019 00:38

DoctorPants wrote:
20 Mar 2019 17:29
My LP3 spins significantly faster than 33 1/3 when at this setting. I've searched the manual and can't find anything that points me in the direction of a feature to alter the speed.

Does anyone who's familiar with this turntable have a solution, and if not, should I resort to layering tape around the underside of the platter where the belt goes?

Thanks in advance.
Make sure the belt is actually sitting correctly down in the correct place on the drive pulley. Sometimes a belt can ride up on one edge of the pulley making it turn too fast.

yarvelling
England

Post by yarvelling » 22 May 2019 19:16

DoctorPants wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Underneath the turntable are a couple of small holes; each maked up for either 33 or 45. A small screwdriver inserted and turned anti-clockwise a very small amount may sort this out for you...you may need to adjust several times, so have a strobe or phone app handy to help get it right :wink:
I bought one of these decks to try out, and had to do the same adjustment.... now it runs pretty much spot-on (according to the 'RPM' app), and sounds pretty good.
It's an inexpensive turntable., and a little 'different' looking, but the arm seems fairly decent - no play in thte bearings, and the cartridge is also decent....running through a Rega Fono Mini A2D pre-amp it sounds good and detailed with no tracking errors/IGD....... :)

joedisco
Mexico

Post by joedisco » 18 Jun 2019 16:22

yarvelling wrote:
22 May 2019 19:16
DoctorPants wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Underneath the turntable are a couple of small holes; each maked up for either 33 or 45. A small screwdriver inserted and turned anti-clockwise a very small amount may sort this out for you...you may need to adjust several times, so have a strobe or phone app handy to help get it right :wink:
I bought one of these decks to try out, and had to do the same adjustment.... now it runs pretty much spot-on (according to the 'RPM' app), and sounds pretty good.
It's an inexpensive turntable., and a little 'different' looking, but the arm seems fairly decent - no play in thte bearings, and the cartridge is also decent....running through a Rega Fono Mini A2D pre-amp it sounds good and detailed with no tracking errors/IGD....... :)
Hello!
Ive been thinking about this Audio Technica LP3, I fear a little about these speed fluctuations that I read about in Amazon, some people say the fluctuation is so big. I don't know.
What do you think?
Also, how good it sounds with the included cartridge and included preamp?
Thanks in advance!