the home of the turntable

Rega P5 with all the upgrades $1500.00

Buy and sell all things HiFi related

Rega P5 with all the upgrades $1500.00

Postby theclosetguy » 17 Feb 2017 20:38

I bought this deck new from the Audio Den in Van Nuys Ca . I am the original owner.
This table is in excellent Condition and works as it should. I replaced it with an AR ETL-1 I bought last month on e-bay. It has been a toss-up between the 2 decks. The Wife said I could not have 3 Turntables I like the look of the Vintage table over the Rega . I used this deck for 3 years with a Ortofon Rondo Bronze. The arm handled it perfectly. Before that a Shure vmxrV-15 and a Grado Gold.
So we have Used Rega P5 with all the following Upgrades that are worth $1500 alone
1- Groove Tracer Acrylic Platter
2- Rega TT PSU Power Supply
3- 24 Volt Motor Upgrade, I just replaced the motor with the new kit 2 years ago when it developed a knock. Motor is silent
5- JA Mitchell Tecnoweight and stub. I have both weights.
6-JA Mitchell Rega Record Clamp
7- Tango Spinner Canara Upgrade. New SubPlatter New Dual Pulley Dual Silicon Belts
8- Rega Brand 2mm 3 Point Shims 2 Total.
9- Ball bearing was also upgraded. I can not remember which upgrade I did. Probably Tango spinner also.
The Plinth is clean, No scratches, dings or dent. The Acrylic Cover is clean with minor scratches that will polish out.Hinges are in excellent condition
The RB700 arm is in excellent condition with its original finish intact. The only wear is from cartridge screws. All 3 feet are original, in excellent condition. No tears, no damage
All wiring is factory original. Including the RCA plugs. These say Rega on them
It comes with the original box also. I may have the original manual and alignment gauge.
Prima Luna Prologue 6 Amps, Prologue 3 preamp, AR ETL-1 Alphason Opal Ortofon Quintet Bronze, CJ Walker CJ5/Linn Basik Arm Ortofon 2M Mono (2) ProJect Tube Box II, Rega Jupiter, Sonos Connect, Custom built Speakers & crossovers,Luxman M-02 Amp, Sennheiser HD800s
theclosetguy
contributor

United States of America

Re: Rega P5 with all the upgrades $1500.00

Postby mito747 » 06 Mar 2017 18:38

Could you kindly post some pics of the P5?
mito747

United States of America

Postby theclosetguy » 07 Mar 2017 01:34

I listed it also on ebay since I had no inquires here.
here are pictures
http://www.ebay.com/itm/232241694903?ss ... 1558.l2649
Prima Luna Prologue 6 Amps, Prologue 3 preamp, AR ETL-1 Alphason Opal Ortofon Quintet Bronze, CJ Walker CJ5/Linn Basik Arm Ortofon 2M Mono (2) ProJect Tube Box II, Rega Jupiter, Sonos Connect, Custom built Speakers & crossovers,Luxman M-02 Amp, Sennheiser HD800s
theclosetguy
contributor

United States of America

Postby theclosetguy » 07 Mar 2017 14:46

It is still for sale but I'll take $1300 plus shipping here since there are no fee's involved.
Thank you
Mike M
theclosetguy
contributor

United States of America

Return to HiFi For Sale and Wanted