AR table, Well Tempered Arm

Buy and sell all things HiFi related
jgscisum

AR table, Well Tempered Arm

Post by jgscisum » 08 Jul 2004 14:20

AR ES1 tuntable with Well Tempered Arm (Classic). All in Excellent condition. Arm has modifications. Arm has been damped and a additional counterweight added. Both can be removed easily. Silicone well has been damped with a Dynamat type material. Base of arm gantry has been damped as well. Sound is superb. I use a Sumiko Talisman B low output moving coil (low hours) it can be included as well as the ultra rare Analogue Enginerring head amp. Head amp has all mil spec componets with adjustable gain as well as high freq. compensation adjustment. The AR ES1 has had both platters damped. There is also a custom made acrylic cover that clears the arm that will be included. THE PRICE IS FOR ARM AND TABLE ONLY. (AT arm lift not included) If Cartridge and head amp are needed please email me. I will include new silicone for the arm from Stanalog. If you're wondering if this type arm works well on a suspended table...it does. The whole point of Well Tempered bases and platter bearing is to isolate the motor and bearing from the arm. A suspended table isolates the arm from the motor and minimizes the table vibrations. This arm works extremely well on a "good" suspended design. Please note a custom arm rest has been made and is no longer attached to the arm base. I will include the original arm rest. Buyer to pay all shipping costs as well give me time to remove the silicone and prepare table for safe shipping. I will charge only for materials used and exact shipping. I have sold and shipped many tables and know how to pack them. Please email with all questions. Reasonable price considering mods and condition. I still have the AR ES1 manual and original box. Item subject to prior sale. Pics available. Table is located in USA. $700 + shipping. email if you have questions.