For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Buy and sell all things HiFi related
Post Reply
Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 11 Feb 2019 21:10

Well I guess I said it all in the subject LOL. 2 orphan Pioneer headshells, 1 with a decent Philips 400 cartridge (cantilever in place but stylus damaged). Asking 55$CDN + mailing from Ontario.
https://www.thesilo.ca/wp-content/uploa ... shells.jpg
https://www.thesilo.ca/wp-content/uploa ... silver.jpg

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 22 Feb 2019 13:54

Hi, Grav, any takers? Not that it matters (just a might), how easy are styli for the 400 to come by?

Pauw
senior member
senior member
Netherlands
Posts: 435
Joined: 01 Jun 2018 13:09
Location: Spinning round and round somewhere.

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Pauw » 22 Feb 2019 14:14

GP 400s are not hard to find at all and styli are about 20 euros..........................https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gp400 :D

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 22 Feb 2019 14:21

Super! Thanks for the info, Pauw!
Grav, if you still have them, I'll give them a home.

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 23 Feb 2019 00:32

Did a little research on the Philips 400...it has a spherical stylus...would the elliptical styli from the 402 and 412 fit? Are the cart bodies the same as with the some other makes/models?

Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 23 Feb 2019 01:08

Hard to find in this neck of the (great white north) woods. Not sure how common the MkII is- when you say "not hard to find at all" are you indicating that they are in fact common? Please offer a couple of source links- i'll probably find out I have this priced too low ;)
Pauw wrote:
22 Feb 2019 14:14
GP 400s are not hard to find at all and styli are about 20 euros..........................https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gp400 :D

Pauw
senior member
senior member
Netherlands
Posts: 435
Joined: 01 Jun 2018 13:09
Location: Spinning round and round somewhere.

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Pauw » 23 Feb 2019 11:53

Gravitar8 wrote:
23 Feb 2019 01:08
Hard to find in this neck of the (great white north) woods. Not sure how common the MkII is- when you say "not hard to find at all" are you indicating that they are in fact common? Please offer a couple of source links- i'll probably find out I have this priced too low ;)
Pauw wrote:
22 Feb 2019 14:14
GP 400s are not hard to find at all and styli are about 20 euros..........................https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gp400 :D
If you check my flag you will find it's Dutch so.......brush up your Dutch and ......https://www.marktplaats.nl/

and .....https://www.2dehands.be/

and German? http://www.marktplatz-deutschland.de/

if you are nice to them.....many speak English too . :D

Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 23 Feb 2019 18:50

NOTE these are now sold to a wonderful fellow VinylEnginer. Thanks to all who looked and commented....

Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 23 Feb 2019 18:52

LOL most definitely not my neck of the woods- I'm sure many rare /uncommon items here in North America are common in Europe and vice-versa.
Pauw wrote:
23 Feb 2019 11:53
Gravitar8 wrote:
23 Feb 2019 01:08
Hard to find in this neck of the (great white north) woods. Not sure how common the MkII is- when you say "not hard to find at all" are you indicating that they are in fact common? Please offer a couple of source links- i'll probably find out I have this priced too low ;)
Pauw wrote:
22 Feb 2019 14:14
GP 400s are not hard to find at all and styli are about 20 euros..........................https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gp400 :D
If you check my flag you will find it's Dutch so.......brush up your Dutch and ......https://www.marktplaats.nl/

and .....https://www.2dehands.be/

and German? http://www.marktplatz-deutschland.de/

if you are nice to them.....many speak English too . :D

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 23 Feb 2019 19:04

:D...thank you, Gravitar...it was a pleasure doing business with you (here?) =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 24 Feb 2019 00:14

You are welcome I shipped out your treasure this afternoon.
It should reach you in approx 5 business days :) enjoy!!

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 24 Feb 2019 00:56

I hear Carly Simon in the background (or is it the old Heinz ketchup add?)..."it's makin' me wait..."
SING ALONG!
:raining: \:D/

Gravitar8
senior member
senior member
Canada
Posts: 274
Joined: 18 Nov 2017 18:07
Contact:

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by Gravitar8 » 24 Feb 2019 01:37

Old enough to remember Anticipation- old enough to have developed patience... ')
DasherF wrote:
24 Feb 2019 00:56
I hear Carly Simon in the background (or is it the old Heinz ketchup add?)..."it's makin' me wait..."
SING ALONG!
:raining: \:D/

DasherF
senior member
senior member
United States of America
Posts: 913
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 15:56
Location: South Mpls., 25 miles southeast of Rogers (Mn.)

Re: For Sale- 2 Pioneer Headshells, 1 with Rare Original Philips GP 400 Mk II Turntable Cartridge

Post by DasherF » 24 Feb 2019 02:14

Gravitar8 wrote:
24 Feb 2019 01:37
Old enough to remember Anticipation- old enough to have developed patience... ')
DasherF wrote:
24 Feb 2019 00:56
I hear Carly Simon in the background (or is it the old Heinz ketchup add?)..."it's makin' me wait..."
SING ALONG!
:raining: \:D/
Ohoo, yeah! 8)

Post Reply