the home of the turntable

Library / Technics

Technics SL-DL5

Direct-Drive Fully-Automatic Linear Tracking Turntable (1982-1984)

review this turntable (3 reviews)

technics sl-dl5 turntable
Technics SL-DL5


The Technics SL-DL5 is a fully-auto turntable with integral rotor/platter, direct-drive motor.

Dynamically balanced linear tracking tonearm with microcomputer control.

Other features include an aluminium die-cast upper cabinet with TNRC, non-resonant base, front-panel control keys, plug-in connector MM cartridge and tonearm position indicator.

Available in black or silver.


Platter: 300mm aluminium die-cast

Motor: ultra-low speed brush-less DC

Wow and flutter: 0.035% WRMS

Rumble: -78dB

Tonearm: dynamically balanced linear tracking

Resonant frequency: 12Hz (including cartridge)

Cartridge type: plug-in moving magnet

Frequency response: 20 to 10,000Hz +-1dB

Dimensions: 430 x 88 x 323mm

Weight: 5kg


instruction/owners manual  English

service manual  English - Debelix

Please login or register a free account in the forum to download files

If you have additional documentation please consider donating a copy to our free archive.

NOTE To view PDF files the latest version of the official acrobat reader is required.

Technics SL-DL5 owners manual, service manuals and schematics are for reference only and the Vinyl Engine bears no responsibility for errors or other inaccuracies. The PDF files are provided under strict licence. Reproduction without prior permission or for financial gain is strictly prohibited. This website is not affiliated with or sponsored by Technics.


I found a technics sl-dl5 in

I found a technics sl-dl5 in my parent's garage and I want to use it but it has no cords or anything with it. I was wondering what I need to get for it to make it work. I obviously need a power chord and speakers and a chord to connect those but i have no idea what types I would need for this any ideas? thanks

your setup

ok, for the power cord... go to Radio Shack and ask for a a/c cord, one end looks like a standard wall plug, the other looks rounded on both ends with two holes that will fit the prongs on the back of the player

the other plugs are called audio RCA cables. Thats for the receiver or tuner or component unit. they are usually red and white respectively. ( the receiver/tuner/ or component unit will then connect to speakers.)