Why haven't I received my registration email?
Registration emails are sent immediately after pressing the submit button and should normally arrive within a few minutes. Delays or missing emails can occur for a number of reasons, the most common of which are listed below. As these issues are beyond our control, no support is provided for registration issues outside of the general advice given in this FAQ.
The following is a list of common reasons for delayed/lost registration emails:
(1) The email has been put on a grey list by your email provider/ISP. Some email providers 'grey list' emails and will "temporarily reject" any email from a sender it does not recognize. After a delay, our server will retry sending the registration email and, if sufficient time has elapsed (the delay is set by the email provider and is out of our control), the email will be accepted.
(2) Spelling mistakes in your email address - if you made an error when you entered your email address the email will not be deliverable. If you suspect that you made an error you will have to re-register using a valid address and an alternative username, or wait for the username to be available again (non-authenticated accounts are deleted after 24 hours).
(3) Using an email verification service such as Spam Arrest/Zone Alarm to filter your email. If you use a service which blocks emails until the sender has verified they are a human being, your registration will fail. For obvious reasons, these services are not compatible with automated registration systems. Please contact your email provider for further information.
(4) The email was rejected by your ISP - in addition to user controlled junk mail filters, some internet service providers silently reject emails as potential spam without notifying the end user. A list of providers which are known to reject registration emails from this site is included on the registration page, but it is not an exhaustive list. If you suspect that your internet provider is not relaying registration and/or other account emails to you, you will have to use an alternative email address to administer your account. Please contact your email provider for further information.
(5) The message is in your junk mail/spam folder - please check the relevant folder in your email client or contact your email provider for further details.
Note that a valid, working email address is required to authenticate your account, receive password reminders etc. If after checking your spam filter and contacting your ISP you still do not receive your registration email, you will have to re-register using an alternative username and a working email address, or wait for the username to be available again (non-authenticated accounts are deleted after 24 hours).