I accidentally came across the PCB in a HK based turntable/LP web site and bought a piece at about US$200 in April 2006 but not installed in my LP12 until now as my Valhalla was dead recently (service life expired ?)
The reasons for me to buy that PCB was based on the following reasons:-
1. Affordable and reasonable price in consideration of its superb components used and construction
2. As spare part for my Valhalla
3. Simple installation (same fixing method for Valhalla including the press-button)
4. Face-to-face local delivery
After installation and audition, generally speaking, I found my LP12 is now upgraded in the following ways eventhough someone may say it is no more a LINN sound but who can tell me what a LINN sound should be :-
1. It can run 33⅓ and 45RPM vinyl
2. The time from initial start to complete desired speed running perform better than my Valhalla
3. I dare not say this could improve the sound but nevertheless not worse than before
4. The output voltage for motor is measured to be correct with reference to LINN’s relevant manual, i.e., +85V
Believe it or not, Hercules II PCB was created and produced in Hong Kong by a grooup of LINN LP12 fans but now is available worldwide including eBay.
For interested readers, it is worth to have a view to their production milestones at that time eventhough this is prepared in Chinese:-http://www.vinylparadise.com/ttable/her ... rcules.htm
Declaration: I have no direct or indirect relationship in any ways to the product and this topic is purely for general knowledge purpose related to LP12 only.
K F Wan