Hi guys, I'm new here but I have also just got a 2M Blue needle about a month a go. Let me just say this thing get's better with age/use
It's nice to hear that it sounds better than the OM30 as that was my other option.
I'm a 21 year old DJ/music lover and use the much hated Techincs SL-1210Mk2 lol but I can't afford Rega arms on them. I use the 2M to archive my records to CD and it does a great job.
Here are some pics
This is how it sounds (recorded after only few hours of use): http://rapidshare.com/files/27385530/Ortofon_2M.mp3
1. Luomo-Diskonize Me
2. Mateo Murphy-Inside Out
3. Jeff Bennett-Front Spiral
4. Jeff Bennett-Front Spiral (Mix)
5. Luomo-Body Speaking
6. Miguel Migs-So Far (Mix1)
7. Martinez-Antares Pt1
8. Ball Room-Open Air
9. Kevin Yost-Ky Funk And Stuff
10. Jamiriquai-Canned Heat (Spooky Remix)
11. Michael Jackson-Don’t Stop till you get enough
12. Michael Jackson-Get on the floor
13. Paul Simon-Diamonds on the souls of her shoes
14. Jean Michelle Jarre-Oxigene
15. Nina Simone-Save Me
16. Nina Simone-Funkier than a mosquito’s tweeter
17. El’Michaels Affair-C.R.E.A.M
18. Quincy Bright-My Ghetto Looked Like This
19. Inland Knights-See Yo’ Face
20. Can’t remember this track name
21. Joey Youngman-My First Love
22. Miguel Migs-So Far (Mix 2)
23. Trentemoller-White Lable
24. Trentemoller-White Lable
No normalizing or eq was applied to the recording or any of the tunes.
Truntable>Urei1620>CD Recorder and that's it.
Stuck into Wavelab and exported as a 320Kbps MP3 for easy download.
The CD recorder is a Marantz CDR-630 and it was recorded using the House Balanced outs from the mixer, it's transfomer isolated balanced output.