the home of the turntable

Technics SL1200MK2 How to install a pickup intoo it

turning japanese

Technics SL1200MK2 How to install a pickup intoo it

Postby Lina DJ » 05 Jan 2012 16:01

Hi Everybody!
Could you guide me How to install a pickup "Ortofon Pro" intoo my turntable? My model is: SL 1200 MK2 - Technics.
Mostely I need to know the preassure for the "needle" and the tonearm that I need to put.
And what about the antiskating control...? :roll:
Lina DJ

Sweden

Re: Technics SL1200MK2 How to install a pickup intoo it

Postby cafe latte » 06 Jan 2012 00:23

I looked in the cart database here on VE and I cant find an Ortofon pro, but can find an Ortofon concord pro which is listed as 3-5g downforce. Have a look yourself and check it is your cart. If it is this cart you cont have to worry about cart alignement as this cart is the intergral headshell type. For 'normal' carts you need to download the arc protractor for Technics from this site and follow the instruction, but as I said if I am correct about your cart you dont have to worry. The antiskate needs to be the same as the downforce. To set the downforce (arm weight), set the anti skate to zero. Set the arm height so the arm is parallel to the record, then set the weight on the arm so that the arm just hovers over the record. Now you have balanced the arm, move the little slip ring on the weight to zero as this is your zero point, and turning now the whole weight set it to about 4g and the antiskate to the same and you are done! All the same if you plan to use this cart for hifi is is not really ideal and tracks a bit heavy as it is really a DJ cart, however there is a hifi stylus that fits it and aparently sounds rather nice. I am not sure which stylus though, but Kabusa sells them.
Regards
CL
cafe latte
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
contributor

Australia

Re: Technics SL1200MK2 How to install a pickup intoo it

Postby Lina DJ » 07 Jan 2012 14:28

Thank You Very Much for answer my Friend. Best regards!
Lina DJ

Sweden

Return to Technics