As for mods from my stock ES-1. I have replaced
(1) the armboard with a wood (walnut) one,
(2) stock cables with SME cables,
(3) I added an suspension isolation plate and replaced the stock springs and grommets with heavier duty Linn springs (this required me to mass loaded the "T' bar with 1080 grams),
(4) left the bottom cover off the turntable plinth, and
(5) I traded the stock turntable mat in for a Herbie Way Excellent II-2mm Turntable Mat.
shared his technical assistance along the way (except for the mat