the home of the turntable

DENON GT-700 speed issues

deeply dp

DENON GT-700 speed issues

Postby Goshewan » 08 Sep 2010 08:44

Hi,

I'm new to turntables and vinyls. Recently (5 days ago) I bought a second-hand DENON GT-700 turntable. Looked undamaged and overall condition impressed me.

However, it has some serious issues when it comes to playing records. I was unable to achieve constant speed of the plate no matter how I tried to adjust the speed by using manual speed control button (I don't know the correct name for this control element). The speed was varying randomly - speeding up and slowing down even after an hour of using. Furthermore the turntable runs faster then i t should be all the time - I was unable to get 33 1/3 rpm at all, usually I got 45 rpm instead. When I switched to 45 rpm the turntable was again running faster then 45 rpm.

I would be very grateful to hear any recommendation, advice or information on how to correct this behavior.

Thank you all,

Vladimir
Goshewan

Postby dmaster » 08 Sep 2010 14:26

I tried to look for a scheme but could find one here, and on google a scheme doesn't pop up ether but there must be one online somewhere.
Having one makes is a lot easier to understand what all the things on the inside are for.

Anyway, I would first look at the 33 1/3 ,45 switch. Clean the inside and make sure it works properly. Then take a look at the pot meters (the speed control thing)

I have a Technics table with the same problem, did not figure it out jet :(
dmaster

Postby Goshewan » 08 Sep 2010 14:33

Thank you for the reply!

I tried to find the scheme as well but was unsuccessful too. Checking the speed switch sounds like a good idea, I will hopefully look into that later today - thank you for the suggestion.
Goshewan

Return to Denon