the home of the turntable

Tuntable Basics Protractor

american simplicity

Tuntable Basics Protractor

Postby jazzmo » 17 Jan 2010 17:30

I just purchased an AR ES-1 turntable with a Sumiko MMT arm. Is the protractor sold by Turntable Basics correct for this combo? :?:
jazzmo

Postby pivot » 17 Jan 2010 18:57

Agree that you should try a protractor from VE for the cost of a little wear on your printer.

If you do want the Turntable Basics anyway, do get the enlarged spindle version. Perhaps the result of the Merrill mods, but my table needs the larger spindle version.
Kevin R-M

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet Act 1
pivot
long player
long player

United States of America

Re: Tuntable Basics Protractor

Postby JaS » 17 Jan 2010 19:03

jazzmo wrote:I just purchased an AR ES-1 turntable with a Sumiko MMT arm. Is the protractor sold by Turntable Basics correct for this combo? :?:

Hi,
Unusually the MMT is a fully paid-up Baerwald design, so the TT Basics protractor should not only work fine but your cartridge should end up nice and square in the headshell and fairly central in the slots once aligned. It's got exactly the same null points as Sumiko intended.

As the other guys suggest you could save a few quid by printing your own from the library, or by using Conrad Hoffman's arc generator, but if you like mirror protractors the TT Basics version is supposed to be a good one.

Regards,
JaS
JaS
engine room
engine room

Great Britain

Postby jazzmo » 17 Jan 2010 19:36

Thanks guys I'll try the download.
jazzmo

Turntable Basics

Postby Doofiss » 29 Jan 2010 01:39

Hi Guys, good thing you are going the free route, Turntable Basics is a rip-off site....they will take your money...but you will not get anything, no product, no communication, nothing..be warned!
Doofiss

Return to Acoustic Research