the home of the turntable

Knosti Disco Antistat Record Cleaning Machine

how clean is your house

Knosti Disco Antistat Record Cleaning Machine

Postby terrycream » 16 Dec 2009 20:00

This is a record washing system where you spin the half submerged record through a pair of submerged brushes (submerged in Knosti Disco Anti-Stat Record Cleaning Fluid)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

I reckon it looks good.

What about anyone who knows what they're talking about?
terrycream

Re: Knosti Disco Antistat Record Cleaning Machine

Postby Audio_Man » 16 Dec 2009 21:20

terrycream wrote:This is a record washing system where you spin the half submerged record through a pair of submerged brushes (submerged in Knosti Disco Anti-Stat Record Cleaning Fluid)

I reckon it looks good.

They do a good job if you cannot afford an RCM. Remove dirt and most contamination effectively. However the fuid leaves a residue even after competely dry that causes discs to stick to Nagoaka style inners. The way round this is to use the bath to give a second wash with purified water. Another drawback is you must be carefull to avoid fluid running onto labels - use less than instructions suggest.
Audio_Man

Postby terrycream » 17 Dec 2009 18:44

Thanks. I'll get one after xmas!
terrycream

Postby henkuk » 21 Dec 2009 11:25

I got one and I like it.
What I tend to do on really dirty records is to give them a hand bath with fairy, isopropyl alconal and warm water. Let them dry and then run em through the Knosti. Works reasonably well and even some records that were really bad are now pretty silent.

For the price, good bargain!
henkuk

Great Britain

Postby JollyJeweller » 21 Dec 2009 12:14

I've had one for about 10 years, use it on really grubby stuff, Ebay purchases etc, then finish off with the KAB EV1 which attaches to your home vacuum cleaner.
http://www.kabusa.com/frameset.htm?/
You'll hear Angel Trumpets and Devil Trombones...you are invited.
Delphi/SME/Shelter/Whest/Trigon Pre & Powers/McCormack/NEAT Ultimatums/Squeezebox
JollyJeweller
long player
long player

Postby Singlemania45 » 22 Dec 2009 16:47

terrycream wrote:This is a record washing system where you spin the half submerged record through a pair of submerged brushes (submerged in Knosti Disco Anti-Stat Record Cleaning Fluid)

I reckon it looks good.

I have one and use it to clean LPs after a wash in purified water and a little detergent. I make my own cleaning fluid to avoid loosing dye from the labels. Sometimes unavoidable with the colour run from 60s CBS etc. It would be really good if they allowed the bath to be clamped to a board and fitted a handle (like you had on the old mincers) or even a low torque motor would be even better still because the couple of rotations they suggest are barely enough. I try at least 20 in each direction.
Singlemania45
long player
long player
contributor

Postby Kamyl » 28 Dec 2009 13:17

Just got one of these for crimbo. Cleaned all my original Budgie and Rush albums. Very impressed.
Kamyl
contributor

Postby snoopy » 30 Dec 2009 01:26

how the system work ?, 2 plate will be tighten by what ? ( no fluid will contact the label ? ), is there any big pictures to explain ?, need your information, thanks.
snoopy

Postby andrea_who » 31 Dec 2009 18:43

Hi I'm new in vinylengine. Sorry for my poor english!
The Knosti is a great product for the money. I use it often because I buy a lot of used records. The second wash with purified water is ABSOLUTELY necessary, and, when the record is dry (really dry), I use the NAGAOKA rolling cleaner to eliminate the dust. You can use a mixture of purified water (60%) and isopropanol (40%) instead of knosty liquid for the records with a lot of grease and many fingerprints.

Cheers
andrea_who

Return to Record Cleaning and Storage