the home of the turntable

Good records stores near Times Square?

name that tune

Good records stores near Times Square?

Postby DJ Bayou Boy » 21 Nov 2008 15:00

I'm headed to New York next week and I was wondering if anyone knew where there were any good record stores within walking distance from the Times Square area. I would take a cab or subway if it's not too far. I'm only going to be there for one day and my time is very limited. Thanks.

..... wake up to see a giant boy, you've just become his brand new toy
..... no escape no place to hide, here where time and space collide
DJ Bayou Boy

Postby ruknd » 21 Nov 2008 21:05

I can't think of any. Frankly, if you're in NY for one day I would say Times Square would be one of the last places I'd recommend. IT should be anice out (sunny). Take the A/C/E down to West 4th. There are quite a few places down there. You can start at Generation Records on Thompson Street and go south from there (towards Bleeker).

Also if you return to W 4th near 6th there is the belgian beer bar. One of three great beer bars in NY (DBA and Gingerman being the others).
ruknd

Postby DJ Bayou Boy » 22 Nov 2008 05:07

Cool thanks Ruk .... yeah I'm not paying or choosing the place (business trip) so I can't complain. The last time I was there I wondered around to an Irish pub and had a beer, then walked awhile, found another and had another beer, etc. etc. Never found a record store though!

Thanks again. I'll definitely check em out. The Belgian beer bar sounds cool.
DJ Bayou Boy

Return to Music and Records

Design and Content © Vinyl Engine 2002-2014

faq | site policy | advertising