Buy, sell or swap your old records
70shovelhead

Wanted: An affordable T Petty Wildflowers

Post by 70shovelhead » 01 Oct 2016 01:33

Looking for an affordable Good+ or better T Petty Wildflowers

Kyluckyman

Re: Wanted: An affordable T Petty Wildflowers

Post by Kyluckyman » 20 Oct 2016 01:50

I see what you mean about affordable. On Discogs the lp starts at $350 and goes up from there. You might want to check some record shows.

I will keep an eye out for you, but need to be sure what price range you are looking for?

70shovelhead

Post by 70shovelhead » 20 Oct 2016 13:29

Thanks for the reply. I will PM you.

draganm

Post by draganm » 17 Feb 2018 20:26

Kyluckyman wrote:I see what you mean about affordable. On Discogs the lp starts at $350 and goes up from there. You might want to check some record shows.
hoary-crap, I bought mine brand new a few years ago for $18. ,now $350.? :shock:
this vinyl thing is getting a little crazy

Uwe+F

Post by Uwe+F » 07 Mar 2018 06:43

For Sale ALLANN BROTHERS BAND - CRACKTOWN CONCERT 2 x vinyl - unplayed

MarvinMagnet

Post by MarvinMagnet » 07 Mar 2018 23:55

The only way you'll get one of these for a non ridiculous price is if someone doesn't know what they are selling. I picked my copy up in a thrift store for €5 a few years back.
I'd keep an eye out for something like that, of hold out for the inevitable re-issue, it's bound to happen.. :)

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 08 Mar 2018 02:38

Is it me or is ALL of Tom Petty's stuff going up in price? I will pick up a copy of the CD of "Full Moon Fever" every time I see one in the thrift shop, because it's so good...But, try to find an original copy on vinyl for a reasonable price...WTF??? :shock:

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/1029265?ev=rb

Although, there is THIS 2016 reissue...

https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Petty-Full- ... e/10104912

Regarding "Wildflowers", I'm so glad I bought all the 45's from the album when I did! There were 45 rpm records put out for the following...

1. "You Don't Know How It Feels" b/w "Girl On LSD" (non-album b-side)
2. "It's Good To Be King" (album version) b/w "Cabin Down Below" (acoustic version)
3. "A Higher Place" (album version) b/w "Only A Broken Heart" (acoustic version)

With the reissue of "Full Moon Fever", I'm sure "Wildflowers" will follow on vinyl...Too much anticipation and demand for it not to! In the meantime, I will cherish my CD and hope for the best! [-o<

MarvinMagnet

Post by MarvinMagnet » 08 Mar 2018 03:42

yeah just an inevitability after someones passing unfortunately. His live anthology vinyl boxset goes for around $1000 now... but I've been picking bits and pieces up for years as I found them and glad to say I got most of his stuff at fair to bargain prices.
sorry 70shovelhead, i know this probably isn't helping much. Wildflowers was a limited run at the time of its release and they say there's only around 5000 copies out there, hence the jacked up prices.
It was very strong in Pettys mind that he wanted to do a re-release of the album, with a lot of songs and material that didn't make the original LP. He was planning a tour around it. So I'd say it's just a matter of time before the studio puts out a Super Mega Deluxe Wildflowers Boxset.........(which of course I'll buy) :)

KentT
long player
long player

Post by KentT » 08 Mar 2018 04:28

Full Moon Fever on vinyl was uncommon when new. 1 vinyl copy to 200 CD and 500 cassette in the USA alone. $75 when you can find NM.

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 08 Mar 2018 05:47

Oh, just for the "record", there were 45's put out for "Full Moon Fever", too, which I also have...

1. "I Won't Back Down" b/w "The Apartment Song"
2. "Runnin' Down A Dream" b/w "Alright For Now"
3. "Free Fallin'" b/w "Down The Line"
4. "Yer So Bad" b/w "Love Is A Long Road"
5. "A Face In The Crowd" b/w "A Mind Has A Heart Of It's Own"

Sooo, 3/4 of the album DID appear on vinyl records, just not in the way you might have thought...

Now, there were also white label promo 45's for "Free Fallin'", "A Face In The Crowd" and "Runnin' Down A Dream" here in the U.S., as well as UK singles which featured different b-sides...In the UK, "A Mind Has A Heart Of It's Own" was the b-side to "Yer So Bad" and "Free Fallin'" had "Love Is A Long Road", for example...I've only listed the SOLO releases, but there were many more 45's put out under the "Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers" name, as well...

draganm

Post by draganm » 15 Mar 2018 13:43

I listened to wildflowers last night, at least the 1st and 2nd side. What an amazing work of art and what an immense loss to music when he passed away.
I can see why this double LP is selling for $350. , it's really, really nice vinyl and every single song is fantastic. If I didn't have it I would be sorely tempted to drop the $350. :shock:

juggerjay1975
United States of America

Post by juggerjay1975 » 13 Jan 2019 03:39

I saw it once for $40, went back the following day to buy it and it was gone. Major regret.

draganm

Post by draganm » 19 Jan 2019 20:33

for those still looking for Wildflowers , one way to get it is part of the Tom Petty box-set volume 2, $250. Not cheap but really fairly inexpensive as fas as box sets are concerned. Considering 1 copy of WF can sell for $350., your getting 11 LP's for free + $100. back :wink:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Tom-Petty-Th ... EPLP91841/

I wonder if this is true, WF sounds fantastic, not like a digital master at all
"...here's some really good news: While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo and Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, "the sound quality is especially better on these albums." - analogplanet.com

scorpio333

Post by scorpio333 » 25 Jan 2019 15:02

draganm wrote:
19 Jan 2019 20:33
for those still looking for Wildflowers , one way to get it is part of the Tom Petty box-set volume 2, $250. Not cheap but really fairly inexpensive as fas as box sets are concerned. Considering 1 copy of WF can sell for $350., your getting 11 LP's for free + $100. back :wink:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Tom-Petty-Th ... EPLP91841/

I wonder if this is true, WF sounds fantastic, not like a digital master at all
"...here's some really good news: While the original releases of Wildflowers, Echo and Last DJ were mastered for vinyl from digital sources, for the 2016 box set release, they assembled the original analog masters for the first time, and mastered vinyl from that. According to Bellman, "the sound quality is especially better on these albums." - analogplanet.com
If you're in the US, search walmart.com...I just ordered the box there for $203.30. That's $3.30 more than I paid for Wildflowers a few years back. However, I don't look at it as spending $200. I've played that record at least 20 times, so I'm down to just $10 per listen. I have $30 records I've listened to once, those records turn out to be more expensive in the long run. That's my rationalization anyhow. :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to hearing which copy of Wildflowers sounds better, going to be real tough to beat the original pressing.