the home of the turntable

Suzuki Denki Musicmaster - info needed

snap, crackle and pop

Suzuki Denki Musicmaster - info needed

Postby edsel58 » 30 Oct 2007 06:40

Hi,

I was given a Suzuki Denki Musicmaster TT, and need info on it. Year, original price, etc. Is it worth what I paid for it (free)? :-) It has a matching Musicmaster tonearm and a GE stereo cartridge. I can't seem to find model info on the cartridge. The body is off-white, with the GE logo stamped in the side. The front of the cart has metal shell (can't quite tell what finish it is since it's somewhat tarnished - nickel or gold?). Appears to have had a "T" needle holder (triple-play?). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Warren
edsel58

Postby nat » 06 Nov 2007 14:41

Can we see pictures of it? I imagine that the GE cartridge places it in the late fifties or early sixties, but since many japanese tables were made by CEC, similarities to other models might give more clues.
nat
long player
long player
contributor

Postby Guest » 06 Nov 2007 16:26

:)/sreten.

Postby edsel58 » 06 Nov 2007 17:45

Thanks for the pic! My TT is very similar. I have a different tonearm, though. It's a MusicMaster - Unipivot, slide-out holder for the cartridge (not really a "headshell", per se) painted light brown crinkle finish with gold plated hardware. I found some info on the GE cartridge. It's either a GC-7, GC-5 or CL-7. Same body for all, but no markings to differentiate them. I need the styli and holder, which are easy enough to find, but the spring and knob should be a fun search! I will tryto post some pics to add to the archive......

Thanks!

Warren
edsel58

Return to Turntables and Tonearms