Bob in STL wrote:
jimboyep wrote:I love the old stuff... but I'm not old yet:
Sansui SR-838 (Reborn and cooler then ever)
Sansui SR-929 (Darth Vader)
Sansui SR-222 MK II (Cheap but pretty good for a budget.. repaired)
Looking to buy Sansui XR-Q9 (help me)
Denon DP-62L (I love the UFO's)
Denon DP-55L (Rare)
Denon DP-23F (My son likes to use it and if he damages it, I can handle it emotionally)
Marantz 6100 (Absolutely mint and I can't let it go)
Music Hall MMF5 (office)
My wife hates them so I'll be looking to buy another here or there.
Fantastic response. Made me laugh.
I love the old stuff ... and yet I am old too.
My TT's in order of performance and usage:
1. Thorens TD 160B /SME 3009 - deployed in basement vintage system. Awesome.
2. Kenwood KD 550 w/ stock Kenwood arm - deployed in home theatre. Awesome.
3. Marantz 6300 - #1 back up. Very good.
4. Pioneer 514 - came with a sweet OM 10 for just 25$. Kind of impressive for what it is. Donated to my son.
5. Yamaha P751 - was my #1 deck when I started this February 2012. Decent direct drive automatic. Donating it to my other son.
6. Technics SL-1300 (an oldie from early 70's, not a MK I or MK II) - got it for free and I am fixing it. It is in maintenance status.
7. Magnavox model something or other - don't know. Another free-bee. Has a p-mount cartridge. Have not looked at. Too many other projects.
I had just one TT in February. By June I had seven. Is something wrong with me?
I have a girlfriend who supports me and helps me find good used vinyl. Which is nice.