ilkka313 wrote:What's the compliance of EPC-450CII cartridge? I have several record players and arms and I should make up my mind to which one I mount it. Possibilities are:
Lenco L70 original arm
Thorens TP 16 (version I)
Thorens TP 13 (a bit modified, several grams ligher than in factory condition)
There's a mute switch in Duals, I guess it can not be used with strain gauge or am I wrong?
What's the current opinion, should I still just make the ultra simple one (page 8 on this chain) or should I go for something more complicated/better one?
1) The L70 arm is way too heavy for it.
2) The TP16 is 16g, too heavy in my opinion.
3) The TP13 is the ugliest thorens arm EVER
4) The Dual 1019, i have no idea.
5) The arm on the Dual 701 is surprisingly good (i have a Dual 701) and should be a good match (haven't tried, though). But you need spacers because that arm doesn't have VTA adjust. Or it does? Please inform me!!
As for the mute switch, it would make a loud "POP" on the preamp. I'd suggest you to bypass the mute switch. This is a good mod for all cartridges!!