This is to avoid the continuing hijack of Simon's thread, and to make it more easily locatable!
This was prompted by my comparison recordings for my :
- Original PT1 (Escap motor, Maplin Linear regulated 1.2A 9V PSU)
- PT mini-anniversary (Escap motor mounted on mini-anni sub chassis, mini-anni suspension and plinth and PSU)
- PT1 with Funk Firm Vector upgrade (Funk K-drive motor, vector drive, vector sub chassis, mini-anni suspension and plinth)
- Funk FXRII tonearm with AT33PTG m/c cartridge
- Audiolab 8000PPA phono stage
- Edirol FA66 firewire ADC into an iMac with Audacity 1.3.12 software
- Soundstyle support with glass shelves, Sorbothane Foculpod feet supporting a second, Ply base under turntable.
I noticed large differences in the looks of the waveforms when viewed in Audacity; the PT Vector looking much cleaner than the two Escap/PT1 extracts.
I will try and isolate what makes the difference by removing the achromat from the Vector, and trying to run the vector drive with my shortest PT belt, bypassing the pulleys of the Vector drive, so the drive is as on the PT mini-anni.
I'll publish the original three waveforms for the right-hand channel in the next post.