Hi all, and happy new year !
Please forgive the newbie questions, but I am still discovering the wonderful world of vinyl music...
First of all, the gear I use, from the needle to the ear :
- Audio Technica AT95E (advised on this thread
- Technics SL 3200 with native tonearm
- Vivanco PA111 preamp
- Harman Kardon AVR 500 amp
- Philips speakers (basic ones, no reference on them)
Changing the cartridge improved the quality of the sound substantially, but I still want it to get better, and I don't have the budget to get an optimal system all at once. So I wonder which part of my gear I should replace first.
A few comments to help you help me
- My TV sound travels through the same amp and speakers, and is nice in my opinion, without being great.
- On most of my records (for example Pink Floyd The Dark Side Of The Moon
, The Clash London Calling
, etc.), the voices sound a little less loud than the rest of the music.
- On my latest purchase (Motörhead No Sleep 'til Hammersmith
), the sound is all "blurry" (low voices and guitars, over-present drums...), although the comments on the internet seem to be okay with the quality of this record.
So, do you have any advice regarding all this ?
Many thanks in advance !