I have a Technics SL6, second hand and I want to get a different cartridge for it. I currently like the sound of the AT44mla (which is running on my rega) and want something of equivilent tonal and sonic performance. I appologies if this has been asked somewhere else, please re-direct me if so, other than that, all ideas and suggestions welcomed. In case it makes any difference, I only have capabilities for MM carts at present.
- Fit a Jico SAS stylus (search it) for the current Technics cartridge. Those Technics cartridges are really good.
- Ortofon X1-MCP high output moving coil
- Ortofon OM30 (p-mount). Or buy a OM5 (p mount) and a 30 series stylus.
- Any typical p-mount Audio Technica with the Micro Line stylus manufactured by AT. (Something like AT3472ML).
- Any typical p-mount Audio Technica with an aftermarket Shibata Stylus.
- Ortofon 320
- The best pickering/stanton offerings with the stereohedron stylus.