the home of the turntable

Aji Caballero (Very Hot Pepper)

anything and nothing

Aji Caballero (VERY hot pepper)

Postby bauzace50 » 23 May 2009 06:48

HI,
seeing as the Curry House concept is popular (but new to me), here is a referral of the hottest pepper I know. The Caballero Pepper. Called Ají (ah-HEE) Caballero. Grows in Puerto Rico.
It is a very pretty, SMALL, deceptively innocent thing. A sauce based on this wee little innocent pepper looked attractive for some butterfly (farfalle) pasta with tomato sauce.
I proceded with a generous sprinkling, and was met with a panic-inducing near asphyxiation, and dis-orbited eyes!
May be seen through a Google search as "Aji Caballero pepper". Or, at www.caribbeanseeds.com/ajicaballero.htm Highly recommended for lovers of the VERY hot peppers.
bauzace50
As I watched the stars in the sky I wondered where the ceiling had gone.
bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Puerto Rico

Postby vincula2008 » 23 May 2009 07:47

Ah-heeeeeee, caballero b50, caribbean seeds? Sounds good to me. I'll tell my wife:
She loves very hot peppers 8) !
Fortunately only at home... though she's started to whine due to my Graddiction. I'll keep an eye open :shock:

Regards,

Vincula
Homines, dum docent, discunt
vincula2008
long player
long player
contributor

Spain

Postby Alec124c41 » 23 May 2009 16:51

I have treated unknown peppers with some caution since encountering, and becoming fond of, a sauce of Habanero / Scotch Bonnet peppers. 8)

Cheers,
Alec
Alec124c41
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Canada

Postby MonkeyBoy » 24 May 2009 02:19

Time was when I loved that stuff, but my aging system just can't take the punishment anymore. When I was stationed in Panama I used to go to a restaurant that would serve nachos that would give me a case of torch butt that would have killed an mere mortal. Comes a time when most of just say that's enough and give the ol' alimentary canal a rest before blowing a butt gasket or worse, blowing up in a methane and aeresolized diarrhea leading news story.
Music isn't an escape from life, it's one of the reasons to be alive in the first place!
MonkeyBoy
long player
long player

United States of America

Postby bauzace50 » 24 May 2009 02:32

Ah, but @ dragonwhip!
there is one sauce which would most probably agree with you! And you wouldn't want to outlive your namesake humbly!
Look at this one, which is probably my all-time favorite, and it's got more Flavor than heat: www.franksredhot.com
The "Original"is my long-time favorite for flavor over heat.
Regards,
bauzace50
As I watched the stars in the sky I wondered where the ceiling had gone.
bauzace50
vinyl addict
vinyl addict

Puerto Rico

Postby Axon » 25 May 2009 20:15

I had a big slice of a fresh Aji a few years ago. That was fuuuuun.
Axon
contributor

Return to Off Topic