Dp-37f parts needed

deeply dp
dieseldude

Dp-37f parts needed

Post by dieseldude » 12 Oct 2017 18:10

Greeting,

I just picked a junked 37f on CL. Nevertheless after a few hours of repairs she is no longer junk up and spinning again. The main problem was a broken loose plastic arm lift button. So I swapped the two plastic button sets around and replaced the oem rca plugs with standard Switchcrafts. And that was that. I have to say I'm rather impressed with her already. And it seems the servo controlled arm has reduced the superheating condition caused by subsonics I had with my bass amp. So she has really turned out to be quite a blessing. Would any of you guys n gals happen to have a parts unit handy? If so please get in touch. I sure would like to replace the busted plastic button. She currently looks like a super model missing a front tooth. Lol

Thanks in advance,
DD

Freddymac1

Re: Dp-37f parts needed

Post by Freddymac1 » 14 Oct 2017 05:12

I saw a parted out DP 35F on one of the, used parts sites, but I don't know if that is the same. I have been able to do some good repair of some broken plastic parts with WaterWeld Epoxy. It just depends if there is room, and the amount of force involved. Good Luck!

dieseldude

Re: Dp-37f parts needed

Post by dieseldude » 14 Oct 2017 14:06

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Remarkably I have ordered a new replacement from Denon. $12 shipping included. When I searched it out it showed up as backordered. So I contacted them and the said to place the order regardless. At which point they will source it. Which is pretty amazing considering it is from the 80's. Much love and kudos to Denon in this case. But I will believe it when it arrives in my hand.I did attempt epoxy and it didn't fare out well. These buttons act as rockers on horzonal micro switches. They have very little material attaching them to the topside pivot point. Any vertical movement at that point and it won't work. The trick is to only apply force on the outer line of the button. Which reduces the down forces on the attachment points.In fact in hindsight I would recommend owners to swap these plastic assembly's before the lift button breaks loose. As it is the button seeing the most action and surely fatigues over the years. So if your doing a cap job, etc swap these while your in there. DD