Ok got going again, I finally had a bit of time today to get the next step done on the dismantelled stator. I ensured the stator was clean, then I laid an old shower door (stickers down
) I managed to get and cleaned it with meths also making sure there was no grit on it. I drew round the stator on the glass making sure not to get ink on the stator as some inks are conductive, I cut a piece of diaphram material and taped it in the corners to the glass with the ends of the tape folded over so I did not loose the ends .
Next starting at the long end using the spring gauge shown I pulled 800g Tacking both ends with a number of tags first and pulling one end, sticking doen, then the other until all tags are loaded to 800g. Basically you pull, then keeping 800g restick down the tape.
Next do the same with the long sides tacking all tags first and then tension starting from the middle, then lastily recheck the 4 corners, but with care as this is the easiest to tear.
Now to stick down one side of the stator to the film. First you run a thin bead of glue round the edge of the stator and using the pen mark on the class lower the stator onto the tensioned film then put heavy weights on it to ensure the stator sticks all round. Finally I found use for those Aus country and western records I bought in a job lot
Next a mad dash to find more weights as the records were not enough to get all the edges pressed down.
Lastily a perfectly tensioned diaphram ready to be coated with conductive coating. I actually did the next step today but misunderstood the instuction and put 3x too much coating on so I have had to redoo the whole thing
.Anyway I am up to this point AGAIN so next chance I get I will put the coating on