the home of the turntable

Sennheiser Wireless Headphones

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers

Sennheiser Wireless Headphones

Postby kingdhansak » 24 May 2011 14:41

Hello all!!

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser RS110's which are on their way out. Have had them for many years and have always been pleased with the sound quality, considering how budget they are.

I fancy an upgrade on these, so how do the 'higher end' models compare to what I have - ie, RS120s, RS160s and so on. Is it worth the large price jump - will there be real noticable improvement?

Are there any other brands other than Sennheiser that you could recommend? Please note that I only require wireless headphones as these are for listening to vinyl in other rooms than my system.

Need to ideally be under £100 I'm afraid!!

Thanks in advance for your advice....
:wink:
kingdhansak

Great Britain

Postby Whitneyville » 24 May 2011 23:56

I can't help you much as in the US now we use 2.8 or 5.6 GHz spread-spectrum with as many as 60 sub-bands (auto-switching) so nobody interferes with their neighbor. That's the difference in price on them here. I'm not positive of the frequency plan in the UK. See if you can "test drive" the wireless 'phones. Some may have "drop-outs" due to materials in your home (pipes, plaster, etc.), and some may sound better in your home than others (this has always puzzled me as an ex-Ham and FM/TV/RADAR tech). I tried 9 sets, and only a $49 dollar set that sounded like an old transistor radio would work consistantly in my woodshop, the $1000 Senheiser's cut-out! I still don't have any wireless 'phones yet...
Whitneyville
long player
long player

United States of America

Return to Amplifiers and Loudspeakers