Amptastic Mini 1 - Available? Or have they gone out of business?

amplifiers, receivers and loudspeakers
Jools45
Great Britain

Amptastic Mini 1 - Available? Or have they gone out of business?

Post by Jools45 » 13 Nov 2019 06:59

Hello guys,
I am flirting with the idea of trying one of the mini Tripath amplifiers. I've read nothing but good things about the British made Amptastic Mini-1.
I have visited their website in numerous occasions to try and buy one, but the 'buy' link is broken (this seams to be the same case for all of their products)!
Does anyone know if they have gone out of business? Or if these Amplifiers are sold elsewhere now? (Their website says they are a boutique manufacturer and the products are only available directly from them)?
I've tried to contact them through the link on their website and by email too, but I've sadly not received a response from them.
I've looked all over the Internet and can't find any info about either availability or if they have ceased trading.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Jools

vintagevinyllover
Great Britain

Re: Amptastic Mini 1 - Available? Or have they gone out of business?

Post by vintagevinyllover » 13 Nov 2019 09:37

Hi, it's a shame if they have gone out of biz as the mini-1 is excellent. there's a couple of examples on eBay in UK right now, maybe take a look?

Jools45
Great Britain

Post by Jools45 » 13 Nov 2019 10:01

Hi thanks for your reply,
I have seen the ones on eBay, they seem to attract roughly the same price as the brand new ones straight from the manufacturer. The manufacturer sells it bundled with the newer uprated PSU and offers free shipping and a recent returns policy, and of course a 12 month warranty.
The high second hand prices on eBay maybe suggests that they are no longer available new (supply and demand driving the prices up maybe?)
Many thanks
Jools

vintagevinyllover
Great Britain

Post by vintagevinyllover » 16 Nov 2019 19:35

Agreed. Good luck with finding one and I hope they are still around! Do let us all know how you get on