Anyone Using Vinyl Studio 8.8?

the mix tape forum
soundhd

Anyone Using Vinyl Studio 8.8?

Post by soundhd » 09 Oct 2017 21:08

Purchased a home wireless music system last year (Bluesound....works very well..very happy with it). Finished up "ripping" my CD collection into it and going to start "ripping" my LP collection. Been looking at vinyl ripping software and Vinyl Studio seems to fit the "bill". Going to be converting to FLAC files.
Just wondering if anyone here is using it and if so how is it working out?

thanks
A "vinyl ripping newbie" in Michigan

Fuzzybass

Re: Anyone Using Vinyl Studio 8.8?

Post by Fuzzybass » 11 Oct 2017 00:05

I bought a copy and was very disappointed with it. Clunky and hard to use IMHO.

Now I use Adobe Audition, and even though it is more expensive than VS, it's way easier to use and I think has better results,, especially in the noise and pop removal functions.

rich12

Post by rich12 » 11 Oct 2017 14:06

It's easy to use. I needed only a few minutes to learn how to record an LP. I only record with it. I use other software for track splitting and click and pop removal.

soundhd

Purchased Vinyl Studio

Post by soundhd » 27 Oct 2017 19:37

Took the "plunge" and purchased Vinyl Studio. Had to purchase a phono pre-amp with a USB port so also purchased a NAD PP4. Using a Audioquest "Green" USB cable. Moved my VPI Scoutmaster turnatable upstairs (has a Sumiko Blackbird cartridge) next to my desktop PC, along with my VPI 16.5 record cleaner. Main goal is to digitized the LP collection and move those files into my Bluesound wireless music system.
Took me a awhile to get everything working OK (not very good with software...."older guy"..LOL)but my first attempt came out just fine.
NAD PP4 works great. So off I go....600+ LP's to do so going to take me awhile.....well nothing much to do during the winter here in Michigan....LOL.

luckybaer

Post by luckybaer » 23 Dec 2018 16:35

I use Vinyl Studio 10.0.2 and my PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter to digitize my LPs, EPs, and singles. It is very easy to get set up. I use it to remove clicks and pops, rumble, hum, and hiss. I use a really light touch when I do any of this stuff - I'd rather have a little more hiss or crackle than have something that's supposed to be there dulled, rounded off, or eliminated. Now, all of my vinyl media is digitized to 24/96,000 FLAC files.

At some point, when I finally buy a DAC capable of playing DSD files, I may fiddle with that capability, too.