the home of the turntable

Audiomods on PTA

light fantastic

Re: Audiomods on PTA

Postby tim_bissell » 09 Dec 2011 01:19

minio wrote:I'll have another look at the destructions.

Does anyone know how to get a little more adjustment on the suspension springs? The rear spring is at the highest limit but still not quite high enough ideally. 1 or 2 more mm would be ideal.

Also where can I get a spacer to lift the VTA a tad?

I've not looked under my Anni arm board, but I think that like every other PT, you simply pull the spring a bit further through the sub chassis, and move the retaining washer (plastic disc) one or two coils up, to shorten the effective length of the spring.

This is harder on the Anni as you cannot take the baseboard off; you may need to unscrew the rear suspension from the back of the plinth.

-- Tim
tim_bissell
contributor

Great Britain

Postby rolleye » 09 Dec 2011 10:57

can you not reduce the weight? PT armboards usually have one or more lead weights underneath them, if you remove it then the subchasis/armboard should sit higher in the plinth by a millimetre or two, might be worth a try.

I can't remember what the total subchassis 'balance' weight is, ie armboard plus arm, i think its around 700 grammes, others will know the exact weight.
The AudioMods arm with micrometer is reasonably heavy so removing a lead weight from under the armboard shouldn't be a problem(and if your careful you could replace it if it doesn't work)
rolleye

Great Britain

Postby rolleye » 09 Dec 2011 11:05

sorry just read your original post, your using a TB armboard so maybe no lead weight? #-o :oops: :roll:
rolleye

Great Britain

Postby minio » 11 Dec 2011 12:12

Yes the TB arm board weights have been removed and the arm board is level with the glass plinth top. Platter clearance is a good 5mm ie no bottoming out.

This still leaves the rear spring adjuster (the one with no lever that operates in reverse fashion) at the very top of its travel. That's ok but a little lee way would be nice for a fine tune.

I'm not over enthused about tackling the bottom of the deck so I may live with it as is at the mo'
minio

Postby minio » 11 Dec 2011 16:48

The latest look.
minio

Postby natty_dredd » 15 Dec 2011 20:49

rolleye wrote:can you not reduce the weight? PT armboards usually have one or more lead weights underneath them, if you remove it then the subchasis/armboard should sit higher in the plinth by a millimetre or two, might be worth a try.

I can't remember what the total subchassis 'balance' weight is, ie armboard plus arm, i think its around 700 grammes, others will know the exact weight.
The AudioMods arm with micrometer is reasonably heavy so removing a lead weight from under the armboard shouldn't be a problem(and if your careful you could replace it if it doesn't work)

I thought it was 820g - not sure though where I got that from, by osmosis from something.
natty_dredd

Previous

Return to Pink Triangle / Funk Firm