Fire99
Canada

Re: Did you buy any Vinyl today?

Post by Fire99 » 30 Nov 2019 17:46

SpyderTracks wrote:
30 Nov 2019 14:16
Fire99 wrote:
30 Nov 2019 13:36
Came home from work this morning and found this waiting for me- The New Pink Floyd album
Would love your interpretation of it, is it worth it or just a collection of tracks available on other records? I read that it had been completely remastered and is quite superb, but unsure if that's just sales talk.
I couldn’t resist- gave the album’s a bath on my Loricraft, poured myself a glass of red and listened.
Great package with a nice book of photography
Great pressing- sound was awesome!
Very quiet - I’d compare the quality to my Mofi Dire Straits albums.
The best of it all, I paid $40- Amazon gave me $20 back from when I originally ordered it!
Happy buy!

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 30 Nov 2019 20:47

Fire99 wrote:
30 Nov 2019 17:46
SpyderTracks wrote:
30 Nov 2019 14:16
Fire99 wrote:
30 Nov 2019 13:36
Came home from work this morning and found this waiting for me- The New Pink Floyd album
Would love your interpretation of it, is it worth it or just a collection of tracks available on other records? I read that it had been completely remastered and is quite superb, but unsure if that's just sales talk.
I couldn’t resist- gave the album’s a bath on my Loricraft, poured myself a glass of red and listened.
Great package with a nice book of photography
Great pressing- sound was awesome!
Very quiet - I’d compare the quality to my Mofi Dire Straits albums.
The best of it all, I paid $40- Amazon gave me $20 back from when I originally ordered it!
Happy buy!
I just bought the digital copy to evaluate.... Marooned Jam is absolutely phenominal!! Wow!

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 01 Dec 2019 11:36

4 Non Blondes - Bigger, Better, Faster, More!! 2017 25th Anniversary reissue on Back to Black series
R-11143372-1510654657-2553.jpeg.jpg
(58.6 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Paff

Post by Paff » 02 Dec 2019 18:16

My weekend:

Started light at Reanimated Records:
George Carlin - Class Clown
The Regrettes - Holiday-ish (RSD Exclusive)

Got a little deeper with some good finds at Vinyl Junkies Record Shack:
The Primitives - Sick of it All (12" single w/3 non-album tracks)
Dumptruck - For the Country
Any Trouble
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (UK import)

Record City:
The Muffs - No Holiday
Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay (RSD Exclusive)

starting to spend a little too much money now...
M-Theory:
Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits (RSD Exclusive.....$35....ouch!)

Got all the RSD stuff I wanted, so Saturday's trip to Old Town Records will just be looking through the stacks
The Tourists - S/T (import)
The Tourists - Should Have Been Greatest Hits
Tracey Ullman - You Broke my Heart in 17 Places
Eddie Murphy - S/T
George Carlin - Toledo Window Box
George Carlin - An Evening with Wally Londo
Peter Case - S/T
Nick Gilder - You Know Who You Are
The Jags - No Tie Like a Present

The last three were from the Dollar Bin, and they're far better titles than what are normally found in dollar bins. In fact, they were all within the first dozen or so in the bin, and I wonder if there were other good titles for the taking if my knees were strong enough to withstand a full dive into those lower-mounted racks.

What made the weekend especially rewarding was taking FOUR titles off of my Discogs Want List. I always prefer to buy locally, and my favorite stores came through. Especially the debut from The Tourists, 'cuz I was positive I was going to have to get that from a UK seller.

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 02 Dec 2019 18:29

Paff wrote:
02 Dec 2019 18:16
My weekend:

Started light at Reanimated Records:
George Carlin - Class Clown
The Regrettes - Holiday-ish (RSD Exclusive)

Got a little deeper with some good finds at Vinyl Junkies Record Shack:
The Primitives - Sick of it All (12" single w/3 non-album tracks)
Dumptruck - For the Country
Any Trouble
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane (UK import)

Record City:
The Muffs - No Holiday
Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay (RSD Exclusive)

starting to spend a little too much money now...
M-Theory:
Saturday Morning Cartoons' Greatest Hits (RSD Exclusive.....$35....ouch!)

Got all the RSD stuff I wanted, so Saturday's trip to Old Town Records will just be looking through the stacks
The Tourists - S/T (import)
The Tourists - Should Have Been Greatest Hits
Tracey Ullman - You Broke my Heart in 17 Places
Eddie Murphy - S/T
George Carlin - Toledo Window Box
George Carlin - An Evening with Wally Londo
Peter Case - S/T
Nick Gilder - You Know Who You Are
The Jags - No Tie Like a Present

The last three were from the Dollar Bin, and they're far better titles than what are normally found in dollar bins. In fact, they were all within the first dozen or so in the bin, and I wonder if there were other good titles for the taking if my knees were strong enough to withstand a full dive into those lower-mounted racks.

What made the weekend especially rewarding was taking FOUR titles off of my Discogs Want List. I always prefer to buy locally, and my favorite stores came through. Especially the debut from The Tourists, 'cuz I was positive I was going to have to get that from a UK seller.
OMG, I want that Lisa Loeb copy!! It shall be mine!

Nice haul!

vinyl master
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
United States of America

Post by vinyl master » 02 Dec 2019 18:43

Now, those are the kinds of dollar bins I like...You guys should definitely add your finds to my other thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=99317

Of course, I bought my Lisa Loeb vinyl a long time ago... 8-[

A somewhat rare UK pressing (and the only pressing on vinyl at that time) that should have been issued here in the States IMHO... :?

At least, they are reissuing it, though... :D

Paff

Post by Paff » 02 Dec 2019 18:53

vinyl master wrote:
02 Dec 2019 18:43
Now, those are the kinds of dollar bins I like...You guys should definitely add your finds to my other thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=99317

Of course, I bought my Lisa Loeb vinyl a long time ago... 8-[

A somewhat rare UK pressing (and the only pressing on vinyl at that time) that should have been issued here in the States IMHO... :?

At least, they are reissuing it, though... :D
Actually, I couldn't care less for the overplayed "Stay". It's the four live tracks that sold me. OK, OK, one of those live tracks is also "Stay", so three live tracks.

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 02 Dec 2019 19:00

Thank you @Paff for bringing that copy to my attention, managed to get one of 2 of the red copies goiing on discogs. I'm sure I've overpayed, but I have a real soft spot for Stay, and will be great to have a live version of it also. The fact it's on mint vinyl though is the most important!

I've got an original '94 UK version, but it's not quite as crisp as I'd like, so this really floats my boat.

Can I be rude and ask how much you paid for it? Just to work out how much I've been ripped off by :)

Paff

Post by Paff » 02 Dec 2019 19:18

$13 US at Record City (my 3rd stop on RSD), and I found more copies at M-Theory (my 4th stop) at the same price.

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 02 Dec 2019 19:20

Paff wrote:
02 Dec 2019 19:18
$13 US at Record City (my 3rd stop on RSD), and I found more copies at M-Theory (my 4th stop) at the same price.
Is yours coloured vinyl?

I did definitely overpay, not that I'm particularly bothered, I would have paid it anyway, RSD copies second hand are always quite inflated.

Paff

Post by Paff » 02 Dec 2019 22:15

SpyderTracks wrote:
02 Dec 2019 19:20
Paff wrote:
Is yours coloured vinyl?

I did definitely overpay, not that I'm particularly bothered, I would have paid it anyway, RSD copies second hand are always quite inflated.
No, it's COLORED. I'm in America.

Haha, just taking the p_ss with ya, mate, as you might say. Had I known, I'd have bought another copy (only one copy per customer, but multiple places I visited had it), and sold it to you for cost plus shipping, even though I don't even know you. But that would make me a Record Store Day "flipper", which I think is totally uncool. It's naive of me, I know, but I'd love to believe that everyone who buys something on RSD takes it home, tears off the shrink wrap (carefully!), and pops it on their turntable to enjoy. And actually, that's not all that far-fetched, since I don't go to RSD at doors-open (when presumably more flippers are there), I go in the afternoon, when it's more likely to be people who plan on listening to the records and not reselling them.

chrisfer

Post by chrisfer » 02 Dec 2019 22:33

Well on Sunday I found an unopened copy of The Rockats "Make That Move", Gang of Four "Songs Of The Free" and Party Boys "No Aggro", I had no idea what it was but it was entertaining. All at the swap meet.

Paff

Post by Paff » 02 Dec 2019 23:49

chrisfer wrote:
02 Dec 2019 22:33
Well on Sunday I found an unopened copy of The Rockats "Make That Move", Gang of Four "Songs Of The Free" and Party Boys "No Aggro", I had no idea what it was but it was entertaining. All at the swap meet.
San Diego Swap Meet? And I thought Al Howard bought up all the good swap meet stuff. Although those title really aren't his cup of tea...

LoudPaper
Great Britain

Post by LoudPaper » 03 Dec 2019 15:15

Grant Green ‎- Grant's First Stand (2019 Reissue on Blue Note)

SpyderTracks
Great Britain

Post by SpyderTracks » 03 Dec 2019 15:18

Paff wrote:
02 Dec 2019 22:15
SpyderTracks wrote:
02 Dec 2019 19:20
Paff wrote:
Is yours coloured vinyl?

No, it's COLORED. I'm in America.

Haha, just taking the p_ss with ya, mate, as you might say. Had I known, I'd have bought another copy (only one copy per customer, but multiple places I visited had it), and sold it to you for cost plus shipping, even though I don't even know you. But that would make me a Record Store Day "flipper", which I think is totally uncool. It's naive of me, I know, but I'd love to believe that everyone who buys something on RSD takes it home, tears off the shrink wrap (carefully!), and pops it on their turntable to enjoy. And actually, that's not all that far-fetched, since I don't go to RSD at doors-open (when presumably more flippers are there), I go in the afternoon, when it's more likely to be people who plan on listening to the records and not reselling them.
If only people were more honest on RSD and just collected for themselves. The flipping is really out of control in the UK.

I’m still happy, it’s a lovely copy and Mint, so price be damned.