1410905672089.jpg
(38.26 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
1410905672089.jpg
(38.26 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

gofar99
United States of America

Re: Transcriptors Limited Problems - Merged Thread

Post by gofar99 » 15 Jun 2017 21:23

Very nice. Below is a photo of my Saturn. The original cover was damaged so I got the full cover. My biggest issues are it is delicate (head shell is not as sturdy as I would like) and it runs about 3% fast. Still an eye catcher.
Saturn With Cover 3.jpg
(322.59 KiB) Downloaded 459 times

Big John

Post by Big John » 15 Jun 2017 21:24

more beer wrote:a couple of my beauties
Nice T/Ts."gofar99" & "more beer" I think you have had enough "Duff" already, as I can not see the relevance of your entry on a merged thread dedicated to exposing the chicanery exhibited by Michael Gammon at Transcriptors unless you actually got your turntables fixed and returned???

John

mazzia53

Post by mazzia53 » 16 Jun 2017 08:38

more beer wrote:ok, fair is fair. to make it short, i needed a spindle for a hydraulic reference i am restoring for a friend. i have unsuccessfully dealt with young mr. gammon in the past so we don't need to go into that. however, i saw that he was using etsy and they accepted PayPal, which means at least i could get my money back. i'm in los angeles, calif. usa. i placed the order and it arrived 10 days later, as nice as you please. good luck, mark
I'm happy for you! It's all right for you. I have never received the ordered material and managed to get my money back after two months and several mails.

more beer

Post by more beer » 18 Jun 2017 00:35

again, the point is....only pay with a method that protects you and has easy refunds, i.e, paypal. no bank transfers. also, use the 3rd party "etsy" site. good luck, mark

Copperhead
long player
long player

Post by Copperhead » 18 Jun 2017 03:19

Shame such an iconic name has gotten so controversial of late. I hope David's son can turn things around and repair his reputation.

Meanwhile ,it might be an idea to contact a good engineering firm if parts are needed. No offence to an absolutely great designer, but most of the machining should be fairly straightforward for a business with a lathe and a milling machine. Not to mention CNC capability.

I've heard horror stories about platter weights coming back badly plated. Gold plating costs peanuts and there are specialized businesses that will do a perfect job.

Anyway, I truly hope Mr Gammon Jnr will do what's needed and maybe even come up with his own original design.

Copperhead
long player
long player

Post by Copperhead » 18 Jun 2017 03:25

mazzia53 wrote:I'm happy for you! It's all right for you. I have never received the ordered material and managed to get my money back after two months and several mails.
Ogni comune qui ha un ufficio che potresti contattare in casi cosi. Fammi sapere se
ti servono numeri o indirizzi.

stolive

Post by stolive » 01 Sep 2017 09:43

Hi,

I enter this thread because I also have a pair of transcriptors TT, a "saturn" and a "skeleton".
My problem is that the vestigial arm on the skeleton need a total overhaul since the bearing are dead.
I wrote to michael Gammon and here is the answer :
"Hi Olivier

Many thanks for your email. yes we can repair and rewire your arm. The cost is £150.00 GBP including return shipping. If you wish to have it done then please post to the address below.

Yours Faithfully

Michael Gammon
Managing Director"

I really don't know what to do.
The vestigial arm needs a fix and I am quite sure I will never see it again if I send it to this person...
It is the first time I receive an answer after many attempts in the last few years....

What is the probability he is back in business?

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Post by Alec124c41 » 01 Sep 2017 15:25

You might contact Audio Origami. They have been known to service tonearms. ;)
Very well regarded, and a member of this forum.

Cheers,
Alec

mazzia53

Post by mazzia53 » 01 Sep 2017 16:31

stolive wrote:Hi,

I enter this thread because I also have a pair of transcriptors TT, a "saturn" and a "skeleton".
My problem is that the vestigial arm on the skeleton need a total overhaul since the bearing are dead.
I wrote to michael Gammon and here is the answer :
"Hi Olivier

Many thanks for your email. yes we can repair and rewire your arm. The cost is £150.00 GBP including return shipping. If you wish to have it done then please post to the address below.

Yours Faithfully

Michael Gammon
Managing Director"

I really don't know what to do.
The vestigial arm needs a fix and I am quite sure I will never see it again if I send it to this person...
It is the first time I receive an answer after many attempts in the last few years....

What is the probability he is back in business?
ATTENTION!!
MR. GAMMON IS A GREAT CROOK!!
He is very good at asking for money . . . but when I ordered some items in his site I'have received nothing . . . and I got my money back only after two months . . . and I was lucky!!
Many people have been cheated and and have never received their money back!!
ATTENTION!!

abril
long player
long player
Georgia

Post by abril » 10 Sep 2017 15:15

You might contact Audio Origami. They have been known to service tonearms. ;)
Very well regarded, and a member of this forum
I would certainly contact Audio Origami (J7) first,may be new to him but simple engineering principles.

Knoppert

Post by Knoppert » 26 Sep 2017 14:19

Just an update.
His Etsy account is now closed...
But he's back... he's now selling/scamming people on ecwid with a new shop.

I'm still waiting on my refund, paid with credit card so the refund will doubtlessly be here soon. However, just a quick warning, don't deal with Michael Gammon.
He's a total waste of time if you ever get your money back.

oswestryalex

Post by oswestryalex » 13 Jul 2018 22:51

I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I just parted with £20 for a replacement belt for an older Saturn transcriptor deck -and have received nothing after a week or so, and no response to emails. Indeed at one stage he blocked me! I am in touch with a lady at the company called Becky and she hasn't been back to me either. I have a phone number for them and shall be calling on Monday to find out what's going on. I got a belt supposed to be for it - but it was tiny - and wouldn't go round the perimieter of the turntable as the belt ought to. Anyone know which belts to use for replacement and from where?

oswestryalex

Post by oswestryalex » 14 Jul 2018 17:51

A follow up on yesterday - the belt from Transcriptors Ltd came in the post lunchtime! Just as I was planning to phone them and see what was happening, it turned up. So, they can provide stuff... :D

Mark E Smith's Dentist
long player
long player
Laos

Post by Mark E Smith's Dentist » 07 Aug 2018 20:15

https://twitter.com/transcriptors/statu ... 5978360833

That appears to be that for Transcriptors.

JT