Post by Big John » 24 Sep 2015 08:46

Well he still owes me money.

Alec124c41
vinyl engineer
vinyl engineer
Canada

Re: Transcriptors Limited Problems - Merged Thread

Post by Alec124c41 » 24 Sep 2015 16:03

He will have to honour all previous debts to regain trust.

Cheers,
Alec

TRman

Post by TRman » 24 Sep 2015 17:08

He actually finally made good on my order but no way will I consider sending him any more money. The guy's a bandit.

zstylus

Post by zstylus » 26 Oct 2015 15:09

Wish I'd found this thread 4 weeks ago. I also ordered some spare parts from Mr Gammon and paid by bank transfer. After three weeks waiting I emailed him. He said he was moving premises and that I'd get the parts the next week. Needless to say nothing showed up. I sent an email last Friday (23rd) requesting my money back.
If I don't hear from him by end of this week I shall also send an email to HiFi News alerting them to this. Real shame as I love my Hydraulic Reference which I've had since new in '75.

Finger Painter

Post by Finger Painter » 26 Oct 2015 15:48

Moving premises? It will probably be an address 'C/O Her Majesty's Prison Services.......'

I just don't see how he can continue to trade. Something serious needs to be done.

TRman

Post by TRman » 26 Oct 2015 15:51

File a police report online & let him know you've done so. It's easy & the more it piles up against him the more likely it will hurt. He's a bandit & deserves it.

zstylus

Post by zstylus » 26 Oct 2015 17:06

Thanks TRman. I think I will. I just noticed that the transcriptors.eu site is no longer working. "This site has been temporarily disabled"
Looks like I can wave my money goodbye. :-(

TRman

Post by TRman » 26 Oct 2015 19:44

Zstylus, never give up. Just don't send him any more money. I reported him to the police and started a fraud action with my credit card company. I then told him what I was doing and he eventually sent me the part. I really don't understand what his motive is because if he just sent what people bought he would have a chance to build on a decent business.

You can report the fraud to UK police. They have a web-based system at http://www.actionfraud.police.uk which can be used from both within and outside of the UK. I received an acknowledgement of my report and a case number. There's input to link your case to other known cases by the same perpetrator, anyone wishing to can include my case number: NFRC140600662383. I encourage all victims to make the report, it's quick and easy and it's the least we can do to hurt his business.

Mine is a Hydraulic Reference I bought while at University in 1975 - it's well worth maintaining, let me know what you need and I'll check this side of The Pond if you like.

Good Luck!

zstylus

Post by zstylus » 27 Oct 2015 13:39

Many thanks TRman. I've sent him notice that I'll be filing a report against him if I don't get my money back in next 24hrs. He came back and asked for my bank details which I provided immediately. Lets see what happens. If I get nothing I'll be submitting the report and also sending email to HiFi News and Mark Wheeler of TNT-Audio who did an article about transcriptors return a few years back. They should at least take the article down as it gives a false impression.

hdbrown68

Post by hdbrown68 » 10 Dec 2015 08:27

I have a sorry tale to tell. Not tonight though. Just found this site. Happy to know that I am not alone here. I sent my 35 year old turntable to this (Piece of Work) Michael over three years ago. What a beautiful machine. Details to come but I will just say that after dozens of Email exchanges I finally got my turntable back in September after practically begging him to give it back. He finally did (In Pieces) after I paid him 675.00 Pound Sterling. About 1100.00 American. That was for repair, a new Rega Tone arm and Otofon OM2 Blue cartridge. Still cannot test the turn table because he did not return the drive belt with it. I got the tone arm two weeks ago but NO cartridge and NO drive belt. Two months after the turntable. He did not even put a plug on the end of the power cord. To much to tell now but I will say this: I have every Email and every document including the UPPS shipping papers and the receipt from Pay Trader.com / Payacardservices, North Hampton, UK. The best part is: I used American Express to make the payment to them! His Email is no longer in service but the Web Site with Contact is still there (or was a few days ago). At least it was when I gave him one week to make it right before: I filed a fraud complaints with: (Action fraud) in the UK, (Payacardservices) and of course American Express. I also have documentation to support his attempt to defraud Amazon but that is another story. This guy is something else! He strung me along for almost four years but I never gave up. He would seem to change and be sorry and we would actually seem to communicate on a personal level. Then: He would just go away for months at a time. Then he would be back. He even promised me a special gift, to come later. I got sucked in. Hook, line and sinker. I felt sorry for the guy and paid him. Then: Just as I thought everything was going to finally work out: He supposedly, broke up with his, long time partner. Domestic (Girl/Boy) or Business? Not sure... Had to relocate the shop, bla bla bla.. Anyway. I guess I am lucky to have gotten anything back from this Con Man or just an unstable and mental person. I will be happy to share experience with any of you. I have had a lot with this guy. One thing is for sure: He will never be in business again, if I can help it!!

TRman

Post by TRman » 10 Dec 2015 14:07

Hi hdbrown68, I guess you can consider yourself lucky to have got something back. Mr. Gammon eventually sent me the part I paid him for but only after filing a police report and starting a fraud action against him with VISA and letting him him know my intent. It was only 60 quid but I told him I would never give up until he was put out of business or sent to jail. He's a piece of work for sure, I don't know why he behaves this way. I encourage everyone swindled by him to file a police report.

You can get drive belts in the USA on eBay at the Aud-guy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-A-MICHELL-TRA ... n1VW_DMUcw

I've done business with Aud-guy and look, his feedback rating is 100%, can't do better than that.
I really hope you get your turntable up and running, it's worth the effort.

hdbrown68

Post by hdbrown68 » 11 Dec 2015 02:37

Thanks TRman,
I did share my intensions through the Transcriptors Web Page, Contact option. Guess what? That was yesterday and today I actually got another Email from the guy. He apologized, again. Then told me how hard his life has been since his 14 year relationship just broke up. Bla, Bla. There were other excuses, very much, like all the ones I have heard before. He said he would be shipping the rest of my order soon. We shall see... I told him I would hold off on the Fraud complaints but not for long. I will let everyone know how this turns out. What fool he is: To have a business, like Transcriptors, just handed to him and then proceed to destroy it. Makes no sense at all. I am thinking Substance Abuse of some kind.

zstylus

Post by zstylus » 11 Dec 2015 10:44

Hi hdrbrown68,
I had exactly the same sob story from him. If its any consolation I eventually got all my money back after threatening to call the police in.
By the way J A Mitchell - a respectable company - may be able to provide drive belts. I managed to get one after I gave up with Michael Gammon.

lambustan

Post by lambustan » 19 Dec 2015 15:49

I had the same problem with this guy. I wanted to replace the paddings on my Transcriptor Hydraulic Reference' (3 round) feet. Placed the order thru PayPal and waited and waited - for almost a month without any kind of response from him. Finally, I had PayPal refund my money. I then found a cheaper and a qualitatively much superior solution at our neighbourhood cobbler. He hand-made six pieces of the padding for the feet with a kind of sturdy foamy material they use in cushioning shoes. They look and feel better than the original Michel material. All inside 3 days and for 27 Euros.
Thanks for saving me the money, Michael.

PS: I feel cobblers have a (magical) way or skill of making leather goods better than the original after they're done repairing it.

hdbrown68

Post by hdbrown68 » 03 Feb 2016 04:46

All:
I have been dealing with Michael for, four years. Sometimes good. Sometimes not so good. I believe that Michael has finally figured a few things out. Before I proceed let me just say that he (after over 3 years) did repair and return my 1970 vintage turntable. I also purchased a Rega Tone Arm and a Ortofon cartridge from him via credit card. I have recently received both as well as a Arm Board for the Rega and two spare Drive Belts. I believe that Michael has turned it around and really wants to restore the business. I have communicated with him via dozens of Emails (some very personal) and literally gotten to know him to some degree. He has worked through many ups and downs over the past few years. Bouts of depression, overwhelmed with the work and loss of his main business site. He has recently gone through some life experiences that helped to wake him up. He broke with a, long term, relationship last year and that effected his ability to function. Then: He met a woman that he really, really loves and it changed him for the good. However: She is, apparently, somewhat bright and discovered all of the negative things posted on this site and other sites, concerning Transcriptors. She then proceeded to boot him out of her life. Why would a good woman want someone who screws people for a living? Smart girl, right? Well: This hurt Michael (deeply) and he almost threw in the towel for good. I tried to slap his face as hard as I could verbally via the written word. I did everything I could to convince him not to do that. Transcriptors is worth keeping alive! I have been successful so far but it is not my success but his that counts. Michael is trying hard to get back to all of those he has wronged in the past and make it right. I know he is systematically contacting people. Get back to him but do not be nasty. He really wants to change this negative image. He know it will take time but he has matured a lot and wants to move forward. I, for one, believe him. I would strongly suggest that all of you do to. Give him one more chance.. I would especially say this to that (Very Special Lady): If he fails time. Well: It is all on him and NO one else!!

hdb