- Rega Planar 3, purchased c.1996
- Audio Origami (Moth) RB250 & Michell Technoweight
- PEEK Sleeve & Ceramic Bearing
- Groovetracer Reference Sub-Platter & White Delrin Platter
- Flat Belt 338mm (13.3in) from http://www.turntablebasics.com
- Origin Live DC-Kit (Mk12 PCB) Control Box / Premotec 9904-120-1805 3W Motor / Maplin 3.2A AC-9V AC L53BR PSU
- Michael Lim Motor Isolation Base
- Only the plinth & lid are original parts!
Assembly - shaft coupler to extend the motors reach & hexagonal spacers
A rough drawing of the assembly - extended motor spindle via a coupler and additional 3mm axle
In position - the bolts in the top of the hexagonal spacers act as placeholders so I know it's in the right position
Upon fitting the motor to the isolation base and placing it correctly, I immediately noticed a much deeper and firmer bass response on LPs. Detail seems improved as well. All in all, a really noticeable upgrade, probably only second to the Groovetracer Subplatter upgrade. I've had a lot of issues with the Origin Live Motor Kit over the years and my long term plan is to replace it with the Rega 24V Motor Kit, and this is another reason I wanted to buy the Isolation Base from Michael Lim. I'll be keeping the OL Motor Kit for the moment, as using the current Premotec Motor and the AC-9V AC PSU has been a big help in it working well over the last 18 months or so.
The Michael Lim Motor Isolation Base is definitely a worthwhile upgrade. http://thecrossovernetwork.co.uk/forum/ ... stereo.gif http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images ... n_beer.gif http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/images ... eatnik.gif