Anyone having problems with VLC?

compact disc, dacs, mp3 players and streaming audio
VinyldechezPierre
France

Re: Anyone having problems with VLC?

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 27 Nov 2019 17:09

JoeE SP9 wrote:
25 Nov 2019 19:22
Regardless, tractors will never IMO be particularly pleasing to look at. 8)
But neither are 99.9% of modern cars to me. :lol:

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 27 Nov 2019 17:37

rewfew wrote:
25 Nov 2019 22:39
Pierre. To me a tractors form, function and aesthetics are in the eye of the beholder category. I like them. I think they are an industrial manifestation of unintended beauty. There is no pretense to their outward style. Just an honest use of frame wheels and motor. Now days a bit more sophisticated than their brethren. And like their vain cousins, cars. The older they are generally, the more attractive they get. You have a admirable occupation. Good luck in your quest your trying to iron out.
Tractors are a tool so their beauty (if any) is, as you said, unintended. But they are way more sophisticated than you seem to think. More so in fact than most cars. Here in Europe anyway.

And thanks for the admirable occupation comment. I did find it funny however because I'm not much liked by most of the profession. I work for organic free-range pig breeders... :oops:

JoeE SP9
vinyl addict
vinyl addict
United States of America

Post by JoeE SP9 » 27 Nov 2019 19:26

Here in the US there are some very sophisticated lawn tractors. Before I moved back to the inner city I noticed what some of my neighbors were using. I'm sure the ones for farm use are equally or more sophisticated.

I'm wondering what anyone other than vegans could have against free range pigs.

Please let us know what music player you ultimately settle with.

rewfew
long player
long player

Post by rewfew » 27 Nov 2019 20:55

VinyldechezPierre wrote:
27 Nov 2019 17:37
Tractors are a tool so their beauty (if any) is, as you said, unintended. But they are way more sophisticated than you seem to think. More so in fact than most cars. Here in Europe anyway.

And thanks for the admirable occupation comment. I did find it funny however because I'm not much liked by most of the profession. I work for organic free-range pig breeders...
Ever since I was knee high to a tadpole, I have had a certain affinity towards farm tractors. An early memory is of my father taking me to the tractor lot in the small farm town we lived. Hoisting me up to sit in a big steel curved seat. Vintage tractor restoration is a hobby and pastime about as well established in the states as is old turntables. I'm aware of their sophistication now days. Satellite positioning, computers, multi functioning attachments and fairly plush in some instances in comfort. Nothing like the toiling cast iron of old. My hearts with the oldies though. Aesthetically pleasing to my eye. What though could be up their snout looking down on your niche?

VinyldechezPierre
France

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 28 Nov 2019 09:14

rewfew wrote:
27 Nov 2019 20:55
What though could be up their snout looking down on your niche?
1/ Everything becomes political here in France and so it is with the organic vs non-organic farming. Each side being represented by its own union with very different views on things...

2/ Non-organic farmers feel, and they're not wrong in a way, that the organic ones are telling them they're doing it wrong and it's a bit hard to swallow. Understandably since they are only continuing what was asked of farmers after WW2: to produce large quantities, quickly, to feed the famished people of France. Rationing (and an important black market) continued for a few years after the end of the war while the agricultural world regained its footing.

Now, happy to continue this conversation if you're interested but I would suggest moving it to the off-topic area. :D