Album collection

Buy, sell or swap your old records
Post Reply
Maddart
junior member
junior member
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Apr 2017 14:18

Album collection

Post by Maddart » 01 Jun 2017 19:56

Not sure what the collection is worth, most are in good condition. No idea worth but would like to sell altogether.
List:
Led Zepplin-Houses of the holy
The Who-By the numbers
The Who-Its Hard
The Doors-Elektra
Bad Company-Run with the Pack
Pink Floyd –another brick in the wall
Eagles-One of these nights
The Moody Blues-In search of the last chord
BTO-1973
BTO-Not fragile
Simon & Garfunkel –Sound of silence
Yes-Fragile
Rush-Fly by night
Foreigner
The Yes album
Led Zepplin II
Yes-going for the one
Pink Floyd Ummagumma 2-album
Steely dan-AJA
Eagles-Hotel California
Pink Floyd-The final cut 2 copies
Who are you-Keep clear
Eagles-on the border
The Cars-Candy O
Pink Floyd-momentary lapse of reason
Roger Waters-Radio Kaos
Eagles-Asylum Records
Wings-At the speed of sound
Edgar winter group-They only come out at night
Bad company-Desolation Angels
Reo speedwagon-Nine lives
Survivor-Premonition
The Who-Hooligans
Christopher Cross-1979
Bruce springstien –Dancing in the dark
Chicago-greatest Hits
Phil Collins-Face Value
Whos Next
Yes-Chase to the edge
History of eric clampyon-No cover
Crosby, stills,Nash, Young-Déjà vu
The who-Sell out
Red rider-Nuruda
Aerosmith-Toys in the attic
Jethro Tull-Aqualung
Rush-Permanent waves

mythrenegade
member
member
Posts: 238
Joined: 07 Jan 2009 19:44
Location: Lititz, PA

Re: Album collection

Post by mythrenegade » 05 Jun 2017 15:56

That's a nice collection. Shipping makes selling collections together pretty infeasible unless they are highly valuable and collectible. Where do you live? A local record store would be your best bet for selling the collection whole. I expect you will be disappointed by the offer unless they are in perfect or excellent condition.

Maddart
junior member
junior member
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Apr 2017 14:18

Re: Album collection

Post by Maddart » 05 Jun 2017 16:19

I am in the Chicagoland area. I am hoping for 220 for the collection​

onepointeight
member
member
United States of America
Posts: 30
Joined: 19 May 2016 18:45

Re: Album collection

Post by onepointeight » 05 Jun 2017 16:44

It's all about condition. Your asking price is fair if they are VG+ or better ($5 each before shipping) but as a lot, I'm not interested because a lot of your LP's would be duplicates for me and many others, I think.

lreneat
senior member
senior member
Posts: 401
Joined: 19 Oct 2012 04:00

Re: Album collection

Post by lreneat » 20 Jun 2017 03:24

Sell records on Amazon or eBay.

johnhoss
junior member
junior member
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Sep 2017 06:12
Location: Auckland New zealand

Re: Album collection

Post by johnhoss » 26 Oct 2017 17:08

Hi have you any idea of the weight of all the albums. I know its a big ask but how many if any are damaged.Are you able to or willing to grade each album.I am very interested as I am replacing lps stolen from me a long time ago. I have recently bought arouned 100lps , your collection would go along way to filling in the gapes in my collection with only 4 double ups. And was the price $220.US. Do you have any Idea what it would cost to ship with insurance track and trace to New Zealand .How would you pack these albums to ship all a once I have a mail drop box in the USA so delivery to there would be an option. Can you suplie images of the colection.
John horsfall
zip: 0626 Auckland New Zealand

Thezenarrow
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 20:15

Re: Album collection

Post by Thezenarrow » 18 Nov 2017 22:17

Best bet may be CL as the buyer could come check out condition and if your price is firm let the buyers come and go, and not cherry pick them.

The Record store option is actually the worst IMO as you will get like $15 for your lot. That's how they make their money.

VinyldechezPierre
senior member
senior member
France
Posts: 541
Joined: 12 Mar 2016 22:09
Location: France

Re: Album collection

Post by VinyldechezPierre » 15 Dec 2017 10:57

Thezenarrow wrote:The Record store option is actually the worst IMO as you will get like $15 for your lot. That's how they make their money.
Not sure about the amount but agreed on the rest.

For grading records: https://support.discogs.com/en/support/ ... ade-items-

Although selling them individually is a pain, selling as a collection will usually bring in less. When I buy a collection, there is always stuff I already have which I then have to spend time selling... so I don't pay as much.

And, as said, the cost of shipping a collection will be so much that you will probably only get local interest.

johnhoss
junior member
junior member
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Sep 2017 06:12
Location: Auckland New zealand

Re: Album collection

Post by johnhoss » 15 Dec 2017 14:48

Maddart wrote:I am in the Chicagoland area. I am hoping for 220 for the collection​

Just a thought have you tried DISCOG.com I have bought from that site(about 100 albums so far) and I have had nothing to complain about, nearly always get what is said and I have only had to complain about three album and instantly got a refund no problems
That to me would seam a better way . :?:
I am still interested in them if you could let me know the condition of albums and shipping to new zealand .
John :D

draganm
member
member
Posts: 102
Joined: 29 Dec 2017 21:30

Re: Album collection

Post by draganm » 17 Feb 2018 20:21

johnhoss wrote:
Maddart wrote: I am still interested in them if you could let me know the condition of albums and shipping to new zealand .
John :D
shipping to Autralia/New Zealand from the US is some of the most expensive I've ever done, and it hasn't gotten better recently. 50 albums + packing is about 25 pounds, which is approx. $300. for the cheapest option US postal service. + you will get hit with VAT on your end

musicog9
junior member
junior member
Posts: 8
Joined: 21 Apr 2018 03:20

Re: Album collection

Post by musicog9 » 21 Apr 2018 04:45

i would be interested if they are still available, although would like to know the condition , im in india , but would get it delivered in California, kindly reply
Maddart wrote:Not sure what the collection is worth, most are in good condition. No idea worth but would like to sell altogether.
List:
Led Zepplin-Houses of the holy
The Who-By the numbers
The Who-Its Hard
The Doors-Elektra
Bad Company-Run with the Pack
Pink Floyd –another brick in the wall
Eagles-One of these nights
The Moody Blues-In search of the last chord
BTO-1973
BTO-Not fragile
Simon & Garfunkel –Sound of silence
Yes-Fragile
Rush-Fly by night
Foreigner
The Yes album
Led Zepplin II
Yes-going for the one
Pink Floyd Ummagumma 2-album
Steely dan-AJA
Eagles-Hotel California
Pink Floyd-The final cut 2 copies
Who are you-Keep clear
Eagles-on the border
The Cars-Candy O
Pink Floyd-momentary lapse of reason
Roger Waters-Radio Kaos
Eagles-Asylum Records
Wings-At the speed of sound
Edgar winter group-They only come out at night
Bad company-Desolation Angels
Reo speedwagon-Nine lives
Survivor-Premonition
The Who-Hooligans
Christopher Cross-1979
Bruce springstien –Dancing in the dark
Chicago-greatest Hits
Phil Collins-Face Value
Whos Next
Yes-Chase to the edge
History of eric clampyon-No cover
Crosby, stills,Nash, Young-Déjà vu
The who-Sell out
Red rider-Nuruda
Aerosmith-Toys in the attic
Jethro Tull-Aqualung
Rush-Permanent waves

Post Reply