MArantz 6200 Turntable - auction

Trade, swap or give your stuff away
aboekman

MArantz 6200 Turntable - auction

Post by aboekman » 22 Feb 2015 19:31

Check out the full ebay posting with videos and lots of large pictures at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-Model-6 ... 576956865?

Bidding starts at $.99. Auction begins 2/22/15 at 6pm EST and ends 3/1/15 at 6pm EST.

This is a beautiful vintage Marantz Model 6200 Turntable in excellent working condition. Original slipmat, counterweight, 45 adapter and headshell! Brand new Audio Technica AT3482P cartridge with new stylus. Comes with printed copy of 33 page detailed service manual (trouble shooting, maintenance and service, part numbers etc.)

Physical Condition: All the mechanics work well. Automatically begins playing, repeats, and returns tone arm with the push of a button (see videos). Spins strong, smooth, and steady. Aluminum pieces are bright and shiny; black plastic is without scratches or scuffs. Veneer is nearly perfect except for one small corner (see photograph). Comes with original dustcover, however, the hinges are missing. It works fine to take the cover on and off, otherwise replacement hinges can be purchased easily and cheaply at organdonorparts.com.

Dustcover has some scuffs but no cracks. Pitch control knobs are a bit stiff but work well.

Audio Quality: The sound from this turntable is amazing. In order to give you a true appreciation for crisp and deep sound quality of this machine, I recorded the audio directly from the turntable to the videos below (the first few seconds are silent). When watching the videos, I recommend putting on some headphones or piping it through your stereo to get a good feel for the sound. There is no humming or buzzing and both stereo channels come through cleanly. The pitch controls knobs are a little sensitive and stiff with age but adjust just fine. Once in a while the audio may waver slightly for 1 second. This goes away when the pitch control knob is adjusted.

If you have a question or would like another photograph of the turntable please ask and I will respond promptly. There is no reserve! Item will be shipped within 1 day in carefully padded box.